Sunday, October 2, 2016

Music to my ears


For the first few years of being back in Colorado I listened to KTLF (90.5) and KBIQ (102.7) as these station played “my type of music”-- the music from my middle school and high school years. I was then told about KGFT (100.7), a teaching and talk radio station and became a huge fan of this station. A time came when listening to sermons and searching scripture was almost all I did it really encouraged spending time with God. I would love how screw sure that had recently been brought to light in my life was being discussed or even sang I'm bout on the radio.
While I was at Starbucks several times over the summer, I would  like would  turn one of the tables into my “ office.” I would chat with nearly everyone that came through the door knowing that potentially I would get to hear a story. More often than not I would run into “regulars.” This was before I had earned that  title  and would ask  a bartista  about a particular person  describing their characteristics. They would smile and say oh she's a regular. This all happened before I earned that title and eventually became friends with many of the other regulars.
One of the people was and is Bob1. He and I got into a conversation about music and he started bringing me all sorts of music out of his collection: Celtic, Folk, Irish, African, and other types of very calming music. I am very appreciative of Bob1 reminding me that there is power in more than listening to sermons. I was also able to meet up with the other Bobs, Bob2 and Bob3, and spend time sharing about life while simultaneously gaining knowledge from their years of wisdom. One day my helper had to go to a class and would not be at my house. The lady who came is from West Africa and liked Bob1’s Mamadou music as it is from Africa. Although I occasionally listen to it, I never thought I would have a visitor who was so thankful that I had it.
       Starting this blog months ago, and just getting around to posting it, life has shown me many things, however I did see Bob1 today and was able to share the excitement of how God used his music in my home!

No comments:

Post a Comment