Monday, November 16, 2020

Magical MondayTHE POWER OF THE CROSS/ Reflection/ Kimi’s Kitchen







 Magical MondayTHE POWER OF THE CROSS/ Reflection/ Kimi’s Kitchen


Magical Monday

This a Magical Monday magic like you've never seen before

with the Coronavirus infecting those near and far it could be waiting at your door.

So do us all a favor and limit your travel and also your activities

I will ask you once and now I'll ask you again and I'll even beg you please please please!

If you do your part-- 

Hopefully like magic this virus will go away, 

but if not you might as well get used to your mask mask 

because the virus is here to stay.



THE POWER OF THE CROSS

“The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.”

1 Corinthians 1:18


We hear so many voices telling us to be strong, to assert ourselves, to give it all we've got. What we don't hear so often is where that strength is supposed to come from. We can scrape the bottom of our barrels to muster enough power to change things, to control things, to protect ourselves, but there's no reason to rely on our own limited power - when we can relax and rely on Christ’s unlimited power - which is freely available to us. 


To live a life transformed by your gracious God, let go of your preconceived power. When you find yourself struggling, remember the power of the cross - the resurrection power that brought Jesus back to life.


Focusing on the power of the Cross is an essential and hope-giving practice. After all, you can't heal yourself from your past hurts, but the cross reminds you of the resurrection power shown in Jesus's victory over sin and death. God uses the same power today to bless His people - to bless you and me - with the ability to forgive with healing and with transformation. 


Lord, thank You for the power of the cross and Your victory over sin in and death. And thank You for using that power for my own good, to bring healing and freedom, to make me more like Jesus.


Reflection

After waking up very extremely late in tears, I was reflecting on life. Contemplating whether to make a Starbucks run or not. I ended up running errands for grandpa and stopping by to see my nephew. Although I had dictated the devotion this morning, my mind was stressed-- naaa, discombobulated-- naaa, overwhelmed-- maybe. I read this deviation and realized I can’t heal myself from past hurts, but He can!


I didn’t reflect and realize it then, but after the events of the day had passed, I realized that God had taken all my worries away. I am amazing at doing what I do even though it is not always fabulous and professional-like. My kitchen is a disaster and I love cutting, pouring, and mixing in my sink. Giving tips on ways to prepare food, I serve those who are often overlooked or don’t have the courage to attempt activities.  I have learned that asserting yourself doesn’t always mean being loud and obnoxious (which I can be), one just needs to be confident.

I'm not saying or claiming that I'm doing something the proper way or the way that a certain dish should be prepared, I'm just confident that I am making a mess and that I am preparing something that is going to be amazingly wonderful to my palette.



Kimi’s Kitchen Monday Magic 

Brussel sprouts 

Red bell pepper 

Grape tomatoes 

Parsley flakes 

Rosemary 

Kikkoman soy sauce 

Bertolli extra virgin olive oil 

Bake in oven on 450° Until done...hahaha


No comments:

Post a Comment