Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Smooth(ie) Sunday/ THE SECRET OF CONTENTMENT/ Reflection/ Kimi’s Kitchen

Smooth(ie) Sunday


Last night I wrote this title but I did not have a poem,

I prayed to heaven and thanked God-- assured that something meaningful would come.

Opening my eyes entirely way too early, with the day's tasks already circling in my mind--

I had to scurry out of bed because I wouldn't want to get behind!

“It's Sunday Kimi, it's Sunday, just lay your head back down”

The fruit, the yogurt, all the ingredients, even the spinach that you found!

Enough with food, today will be adventurous and filled with lots and lots of fun,

There will even be a friend virtual dinner date, you should gather me and myself--

I know they are welcome-- you are always together-- your bond can never truly be undone

 

THE SECRET OF CONTENTMENT

“The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.”

Number 6:26

You've undoubtedly seen those infomercials featuring the most amazing products that you never knew you needed! One day I found myself wanting to order an EZ Egg Cracker. Having discovered that this device existed, how could I possibly continue to crack open eggs with my own hands? But, I realized, I was content cracking eggs by hand until I saw that infomercial...

Life is a little like that, isn't it? We are relatively content until we hear about the next gadget, update, house, car --and we need to have it! In fact, every marketing campaign out there is designed to make me discontent, until I have that thing.

The apostle Paul, however, found contentment not having any infomercial product, but in the toughest of situations - while he was in prison. That's because real contentment never can be found out there; you only can find contentment in Christ.

The grass is not greener somewhere else; it’s greenest wherever you water it. If you nurture and water your relationship with Jesus Christ on a daily basis, you will be content regardless of your circumstances. You already have complete, full access to the secret of contentment: His name is Jesus.

 

Jesus, Your peace and contentment is such a countercultural trait! But how freeing. Please help me to be content, consistently nurturing and watering my relationship with You.

 

Unshakeable by Christine Caine

 

Reflection

It is early in the morning and I woke up and felt completely content free of so many thoughts that I have been stressing over lately. My conscious mind did not remember  dictating  the devotion last night although I didn't think really hard. When I scrolled through my Prayer Journal to see what my plans were for the day and the devotion was there, I was shocked! I was even more shocked when I saw the title of the devotion-- The Secret of Contentment!

After I opened my eyes and looked at the clock I was thinking “Kimi, it's Sunday go back to bed!” But my brain was already revving up like an engine vroom vroom!! I wanted to make a smoothie today, I had planned that last night because I found something very special (see video)- I think planning out meals and knowing what I should be hungry for ahead of time is part of my secret to contentment - if I have it in my head what I will be eating, I crave that and eating it satisfies! I didn't plan to tie the food into the Bible study but it just happened!.

 

Kimi’s Kitchen

Sunday Splash

  • Triple Berry Frozen Fruit

  • Fresh cantaloupe

  • Fresh watermelon

  • Spinach

  • Banana

  • Hemp hearts

  • Flaxseed

  • Almond Milk

  • Tiny bit of beet juice

  • Squirt of Hershey’s Dark Chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment