Friday, January 3, 2014

Just Want to Be Heard?


Just Want to Be Heard?
 
A few years ago my mom and I started a brain injury support group for the younger crowd, as there is a wonderful brain injury support group through one of the local hospitals but the crowd is mainly older adults. The newly created support group soon died out as all of the members went their separate ways (off to separate colleges, getting married, having children, and so forth). Now, as I am among the college crowd and young adults. I have found that many people, brain injured or not, just want somebody to talk to. Granted I have had brain injured people who enjoy talking to me because there is a commonality between us, but I have also had all sorts of people talk to me just because they want somebody to talk to and I totally enjoy listening. There are sometimes when my friends just want to vent and really don't want me to say anything and although that is hard for me (anyone who knows me understands that I have my two cents that always seem to get put in somewhere). I can just listen. I think that at some point I want to open a non-official practice where I just listen.

Right now I have no clue where to start with that and I have a semester or two left of school (to earn my teaching license), however I just want to note in my blog this fabulous idea that one day may come to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment