Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Help, I Need Somebody, Help, Not Just Anybody


Help, I Need Somebody, Help, Not Just Anybody

I currently have a job that is better than I ever could have dreamed of, but during spring break I wasn’t sure what I was going to do.  Later I began making plans to relax/write/blog during spring break, and I was excited that I would have the time to do so. However I didn’t have any topics in mind nor had the Holy Spirit placed anything on my heart….that I was aware of at least.  

As I generally do, I stopped by the fire station to get a few good laughs and to hopefully gain a great topic or two to write about. With every conversation going fifty directions at once and most firefighters being involved in at least a few of them whether it was their new food diet or the quickest way to tie a particular knot, most fire stations are a great place to get my mind away from mundane topics. Okay, my topics may not appeal to everyone, but I try.

Leaving the fire station a man with a familiar accent got my attention. Seeing that the bus was almost where I was headed, I arranged a meeting at the nearest store. When we met there he explained his absence from Church as that was the only place I ever saw him. Continuing the explanation of what happened and the limitations of his abilities it was clear why God crossed our paths—he needs a Personal Care Provider (PCP). I can help him with that!  With him speaking mostly Arabic, I was and have been able to help him convey his situation and needs to the appropriate agencies. While he does have children who were able to help out, he has recently become an empty-nester as his children are away from home furthering their education. I am so thankful for God using my situation to equip me to help someone get adequate help.

No comments:

Post a Comment