Friday, March 25, 2016

How is Your Job a Blessing??

How is Your Job a Blessing??
Every day is such a blessing, but I am often so caught up in the minute details of how, when and where things are going to take place that I push the roses away forgetting to even enjoy their refreshing scent.. I try to make time to enjoy life rather than just habitually going through the motions: wake, read devotion, reflect, develop an optimistic, encouraging, and spirit-lifting  thought to fall back on during the day and repeat however occasionally (more often than not) I find myself as just another runner in this race called life.
After meeting the owner of Peak Place Coffeehouse and finding out she is half a decade younger than me, I was in shock! I began to think of how God is using her and her business to reach and bless so many people every day,. Then my thoughts were quickly shifted to what God is doing in my life, how He is using me, and the amazing anticipation I have every day wondering who is going to cross my path and if the reason will be revealed now or at a later time.  So often I, might I say we get caught up comparing oneself to other runners that the reason behind running is all but forgotten.
While I was writing, although I was not at my normal location I did what I normally do:  I intentionally overhear conversations hoping to gather information that might spark ideas to write about and jot them down. After observing and evaluating my surroundings I obnoxiously (not really, but the word was circling my mind, jumping out, and dying to be used) start conversations with people who do not seem to be too deep in his or her thoughts. First I began listening to a businessman.  He was a marketer who was coaching a newer employee. They were both enthusiastic people whose excitement about setting and pursuing goals encouraged me! After they left I started talking to a lady that appeared busy earlier, however now looked like a perfect time to introduce myself.  She explained that she is a chemistry teacher who works at a school I worked as an educational support substituted at a few years ago. Chemistry??? My chemistry years are among the few memories that took place before my wreck and are in my long term memory!! My excitement began to rise!  
I was soon met by a friend who took me to meet other friends and the day quickly came to a close.  Looking back on the day I am able to clearly see how God intricately worked through my day. I am super excited as Spring break’s end is near and I get to return to my AMAZING job! Even though at times the job can be taxing, when I take time to reflect I see the absolute blessing that my job is!  


No comments:

Post a Comment