Saturday, March 11, 2017

Never Judge Your Day By its Beginning

Never Judge Your Day by it’s Begining
Waking up thinking I really wanted to go to the St. Patrick's Day Parade to see some of my favorite students play in West Middle School band, tears began to well up in my eyes. I heard my mother's voice “Have you taken your medicine yet?” knowing that I had not taken it yet as I had not eaten breakfast, I decided to cry a little longer while I finished preparing for my adventure of the day. When I finally sat down to eat breakfast I realized that I hadn't taken my medicine yesterday either!I could not help but crack up as Sherry’s voice echoed in my head saying, “Oh honey.” That totally  explains my absolute meltdown in Ktista's room Friday as Malcolm was explaining that the copier makes everyone crazy. Not knowing then that I hadn't taken my medicine I was thinking, “ Kimi what is your issue?” but now the chaos of yesterday, even though we didn't have students, all seems to make sense.
As I sit here waiting for the bus freezing my tail off I am not as sad that I could not go to the parade this morning and I understand the comment that was made during a math class Thursday. The teacher explained that she would be at the parade Saturday  all bundled up.
I finally made it to Starbucks and I have never seen this Starbucks so packed and none of the “regulars” that hang out at this Starbucks, are here :-(. However when I first got here, there was a lovely lady who spoke to me and explained then we had previously met. She introduced me to her beautiful daughter. Being so packed, the only place I could find to sit was at a very large table with a very helpful family. Soon after they left Mr. Bob, one of the regulars, came in! Then Mrs. Renae came in and then Dave, my favorite Chinese man, came in.  When I asked him for the 50th time if he is Japanese said no. As I apologized he said it was fine because “we all look alike.” I was completely surprised to hear this come out of his mouth! So many things that I have been told crossed my mind and I thought, “To each their own.” As I was pre-recording (actually recording last week’s devotions) I was being aware of my surroundings and overheard a conversation, I realized just how normal I am :-). Not mentioning any names, if you think that pertains to you, meaning that you think I'm not normal and have an awkward way of maintaining life, I may text you to explain my elation!

No comments:

Post a Comment