Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Money - Saving Idea!

Money-saving Idea!

Trying to be my occasionally Frugal self, I had a great new idea about cereal. I thought the bag cereal was cheaper but I had some boxed cereal at home. I decided to eat all of the cereal I have but save the box and then go buy bagged cereal to refill the the box with a similar cereal... Pretty clever, right? Well so I went out on venture today to return the Fruit Loops (Tootie Fruities) that my fiance bought because I didn't want to pay for a brand name and to him off-brand Fruit Loops are  healthy :-). Tonight when I went back to the store to return the cereal, only basing nutritional value on the number of carbohydrates I found Oat Blenders and Cinnamon Tasters had the same number of carbohydrates . I was spending way too much time deciding which bag to get when I ran into a friend from Rocky Mountain Calvary that I have not seen in awhile which. She unknowingly convinced me to hurry up and I grabbed them both planning to exchange the Tootie Fruities. I ended up not exchanging any of them and going home with a bag Oat Blenders, Cinnamon Toasters, and yes the infamous Tootie Fruities.

Because I am so long-winded I almost stopped the store and was like why dad even like this? And then I looked on to my kitchen floor and totally realize what I'm writing about.

            I arrived home with the bags of cereal and finish the last little bit of the boxer that I wanted to refill with the cereal out of the bag. I thought that this cannot be hard so I opened the bag along the entire perforated line. I stuffed the opening of the bagged cereal Into the now empty bag of the boxed cereal and began to pour. Although I heard a few cereal pieces fall to the floor I didn't think it was March so I continued to pour. As the bag from the boxed cereal began to get full I'm pulled the bag cereal away. I was feeling pretty proud of myself when I heard cereal pieces fall like pouring rain to the floor. Apparently there was a little sliver of the bag cereal sticking out of the box cereal bag pouring onto the counter ( I was methodically using the counter as my other hand because this would have been a much worse story using my shaky hand to hold the box)

I'm really not sure that I saved much money if any. If I were to count be flakes of cereal in a bag giving them each a monetary value and adding that to the once cheaper price of bagged cereal. I really think that I have not saved anything although this did create a great storm in my opinion. Oh and I have not used the entire bag of cereal so actually it might be cheaper but is it worth it? While a picture is worth a thousand  can you put a price tag on laughter and joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment