Friday, November 17, 2017

Hot Rod Lessons

Hot Rod Lessons
I was really excited today to be able to go to work and know that we have the whole next week off. My dad came to take me to work and on the way we were discussing how he was going to wait at my house for the wheelchair delivery. Although I felt a bit guilty, I was very impressed that my dad was willing to hang out at my house for the three-hour window time they had given me for delivery.  All of this quickly changed moments after I arrived at work.
    Yesterday I learned that I get to tutor my cousin’s daughter (2nd cousin?) in reading and math. When I arrived early to work I went to the library to look at books for her to read.  No sooner had I described the tutoring situation to the librarians did I receive a call reminding me of the wheelchair delivery and strongly advising me to be home to learn about and test drive the new wheelchair. “What?!? This is my 3rd hot rod (electric wheelchair),” I thought. Then I remembered that this hot rod has additional, newer  and exciting features that I should be instructed on.
I quickly made arrangements to be picked up so I could be home at the start of the delivery window and tried very had to remain calm with this sudden change of plans. After a minor internal panic attack, I registered my absence and headed to class.  I was super excited about seeing the students one last time before Thanksgiving break and I did get to see most of them before I was headed home to learn how to drive my new hot rod. Here I sit...waiting to get a new hot rod and lessons!.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING BREAK!   


No comments:

Post a Comment