Monday, September 10, 2018

Makes My Heart Happy!

Assisting in a classroom today I overheard a student talking about why a student behaves when he does. It happened to be one of my students so I listened more intently. When she was done I asked her what made her think that and she told me that she talked to his mom and found out what his condition is called and then researched it. Let me remind you I work at a middle school, I may be selling myself short here but I'm not sure that in 7th grade I would have researched another human being’s behavior.
After previously being in the class with a student getting mad because the need for differential treatment is not understood, like a light bulb turned on in a dark room, I now see the difference in 6th and 7th graders. Besides just getting light bulb that the earlier class was sixth grade and the later was 7th, seeing a middle schooler go to anyone to learn about another student makes my heart happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment