Tuesday, August 20, 2019

A New Adventure!

Not getting out of bed this morning at the normal time My adventure started a little later. I left dad's house heading to Starbucks and by car it doesn't seem like it takes that long but traveling via wheelchair I thought I had taken a wrong turn somewhere. I wanted to turn back around but soon discovered I was traveling in the right direction and eventually arrived at the bus stop that would take me to Starbucks. But that is only the beginning of this adventure. Hopping on I had to instantly I had to let my family know I was still alive and that I was headed to Starbucks. I was so engrossed in texting that I didn't realize how fast I would arrive at Starbucks. I looked up as we passed a few stops after the one I meant to get off at. I rode on the bus to the other end of his route and he dropped me off on the other side of the road. I went into Starbucks and missed most of my friends although in a hurry Mr. Dave stopped back by and my favorite Mrs. Bonnie (Rouhani), that lives in Colorado as opposed to my favorite Mrs. Bonnie (Stowers) who taught me Chemistry and Physics during high school in Mississippi, stopped back by. Mrs. Bonnie and I were able to discuss life and help each other out. I thought that I needed to leave by three to get back home on time for my helper Becky. From my calculations I would have plenty of extra time to decompress once I arrived home. 
Let me remind you this was the first day of attempting this from a new location and I didn't ride long enough on the bus so I had to travel through a few neighborhoods. It also didn't help that I had Google Maps set to walking as the mode of transportation so I had to take a few double takes.
The plans I had made thinking I was going to arrive home early abruptly changed when I rolled up into the driveway followed very closely by my helper, Becky. I was so excited when I came inside and got to see Bid and Daddy and it was an added bonus to see my nephew even though I was told just yesterday that he would be here after school most days! With all this excitement not much writing was accomplished but I hope it will be done soon as I have obligations that will keep me home in the morning for a few days. Actually maybe it's only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment