Saturday, December 21, 2013

My hope...


As I woke up this morning with the day’s plans already running through my head, I got notification of both of today’s plans being canceled due to sickness and amazing Colorado weather. I prayed, asking God to use me, somehow. Shortly after my prayer, I received a text from a friend who is new to “life with a brain injury” and is struggling. We got on the phone and talked-- our talk was wonderful where we laughed, we cried, and we discovered that there are many commonalities in brain injuries that are so very “unique to each person.” Our talk encouraged both her and I.

 
It is times like these, when I can honestly empathize with another brain injury victim (which I have not been able to do in a while), that I am thankful I have been through what I have and go through different struggles every single day and am able to remain hopeful. Hopeful not in being who I was or like I was before my brain injury, but hopeful in Jesus Christ! My hope is found in nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love your positive outlook in life and look forward to getting to know you even better. I thank God we sat next to each other at the tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cheryl! If you be interested in a write up group here is the info:Really good author meetup yesterday. Four of us read new material: Warner, John, Anne, and myself. We all agree that the group is pushing us to make progress on our books. I also noticed that we're getting better at reading, an important performance skill. We were joined by Daryl Kuiper, a children's book author-to-be, and Eric (Anne's husband). Louise came late, mainly to have a short meeting with me.

    I added eStore pages for Cathy and Louise, which was a simpler proposition than I thought. An eStore page (for your CreateSpace account, enables you to send customers to this page to buy a book. The benefit to you is that CreateSpace fulfills the order for you and a higher "royalty" than you get for an Amazon sale.

    There is also a way to offer discounts to your prospects and customers. Just go to the eStore channel, click on "discounts," and set up the codes. Or get help from you know who.

    Note: the downside of sending customers to your eStore page is that you don't get the sales data. CreateSpace does. To compensate for that, make sure you have information in your book that enables customers to contact you via your website, blog, Facebook page, etc.

    We'll probably go back to the fourth Wednesday schedule for January and continue meeting here at Cottonwood.

    Oh, and I'm scheduled for a "Writing and Publishing Your Memoir: An Introduction" here at the Cottonwood on January 22, 10:30 to Noon. This is a one-session introductory workshop. $35.00. Let wanna-be authors know.

    Ken

    --
    The Publishing Pro, LLC
    Cottonwood Center for the Arts #231
    427 E. Colorado Ave.
    Colorado Springs, CO 80903
    719-630-0783

    Go to my professional website: www.thepublishingpro.com
    Go to my professional blog: publishingpro.blogspot.com
    Go to my professional Facebook page: The Publishing Pro, LLC


    ***making professional publishing easy--and fun--for everyone***

    My linked-in profile: www.linkedin.com/in/kenguentert
    Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/kenguentert

    Author of Marketing Your Own Book ... without losing your shirt.
    Sample or purchase as an ebook on Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/171290

    Author of From Rome to Jerusalem: A Non-Jew on the Way
    Sample or purchase as an ebook on Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/101310
    Or purchase paperback version on my bookblog: www.to-jerusalem.com

    ReplyDelete