Sunday, December 22, 2013

Paying it Forward



Being able to help a friend with a class that I completely struggled through (with the help of a tutor) this past semester, is SUPER exciting! This friend is one I had just met at the beginning of last semester on the first day of classes. We became more acquainted as the semester went on--  all during class we sat next to each other and although we didn't have much time to talk during or after class, she was totally an angel to me by copying information for me that I was unable to among many other things. I had learned on the first day of classes before class that she also has a brain injury. Although she is a lot newer to handling life with a disability I am.


I was really stressed because I decided to take an intense Bible study in the middle of this semester and I knew with in the first few weeks of trying to work on my teachers license and take the Bible study that it was too much. However when I tried to back out of the Bible study a few lovely ladies in the study convinced me to stay in it. They assured me that they would help me catch up and to take as much time as I needed to away from the "Self Confrontation" Bible study for my schoolwork. One of the precious ladies from the Bible study came to my house and spent an entire Sunday after Church to help me get caught up because besides being in school. I started the Bible study 7 weeks after the class actually began. I was shown yet another time that keeping Christ as the center of your life and bringing all of your worries to God, even the ones "I'm sure He’s too busy for,” is just what he desires of his children. So much of what I have learned in this Bible study in the few weeks I have been, have, in so much use in the study is still in its beginning stages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment