Monday, September 8, 2014

Kimi….the shaky one…sold knifes?!?

Kimi….the shaky one…sold knifes?!?
I had an appointment at The Independence Center and did not have high expectations as I have dealt with another government organization for the previous decade and gotten no-where. What happened is while I was at Safeway talking to my best Eddie, he told

me that he had a friend that the Independence Center and thought it would be a good idea if I met him. https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjF81F_p-hiL0uUFjzm5TF-KpXI1utbZM-mnsRXXFGSS1kismYYSGJPaZ8NrGVwDI-qACadiQBPd7dyBFW4LFcPbhk6fcsWLICxA2pKZ8nVM4CHLP0HDlZQGbbKH0m-rlnlA_hyphenhyphenTQ9Gddk/s1600/9-8-14+Stuart+Watt.jpgWhether or not this leads to a job for me or not will be determined in the future, but everything starts somewhere. Eddie's friend started out as a volunteer and now he has his own office and an awesome title. He even suggested that I co-facilitate a group of  his…. Leading the group like that is one of my many dreams.
Oh so about the shaky picture of my discrumbled, dismantled , and bent ID being held up (with a knife to it )-- That is Mr. Stuart-- who looked at my resume and hadn't made a copy of my ID. When he returned from making a copy of my ID he explained that he first image that came to his head as for the explanation of the ID being in shape that it was .  I had to take a picture of him demonstrating what I must have looked like showing cutlery using my ID. This was his explanation for the beat up ID. Sadly, I had to say that the image he was getting wasn't completely wrong. Most of the customers demonstrated it for themselves after I explained it and although this worked the majority of time, here is a photo of my presentation gone awry!
 
Needless to say, that was a very short-lived adventure (trying to sell knives).

2 comments:

  1. I thought he was laughing WITH you, not at you. Sorry. I is time for a new ID?

    ReplyDelete