Sunday, June 12, 2016

Coffee??

After arriving home from a wonderful day spent with Ma I was lead to go to Peak Place coffee shop...lead to go to a coffee shop you ask?
I used to question God's voice myself  and as a matter of fact, often I still do. As I sat in the “quiet room” of the coffee shop with my laptop out and settled in and out of my wheelchair, I received a phone call-- “Kimi, don’t pick up the phone, you are in the “Quiet Room,” I thought. There were two other people in there who didn’t seem like they would mind if I answered-- they had helped me settle in. As I said, I wasn’t in my wheelchair and I also thought it would be a quick conversation. I was excited that it was my new friend Matt and we had a great conversation (that was pretty lengthy :-/! Little did I know my  highly useful skill of overhearing conversations (aka eavesdropping) is used by most people.
He and I talked for a while and when I got off the phone a man mentioned how he is from the South (how I had lived in the south was included in my phone conversation)..That opened a wonderful conversation and I found out that he is the youth pastor at a local Church! I was given the opportunity to pray for him as he is sharing his testimony today!!  
I was later contacted by a co-worker. Through our communication God showed me how my experiences can be useful out of the classroom also! I used to let sadness overwhelm me if I wasn’t constantly busy, However now God is showing me how those quiet times are great for organizing my thoughts because He has FANTASTIC EXCITEMENT waiting...in the next coffeeshop!   

No comments:

Post a Comment