Sunday, April 30, 2017

Staying Focused on the Positive!

It was so heartbreaking this afternoon when I was having my clothes for Monday ironed by the best Grandpa T ever and the lever on my ironing board broke. Having been recently fixed by the amazing Kayla, I thought it was back together. Even though Kayla now knew how to fix it,  I'm sure she would be very relieved because it was very clear that  this did not need to be fixed again. Grandpa was mentioning how the board was no longer flat. He said that if I wanted my clothes to be ironed to be flat that board would not be much help. Although I was overly elated when it was fixed when and was glad my clothes were ironed last week (some coworkers might want to argue that) I was sad that it was only fixed momentarily.
All the previously explained chaos happened before I even made it to Church. I headed out to catch the bus to Church which is right next to Wal-mart (where I was planning to get a new ironing board) when I realize that it was too cold to go to Church. Then I was hit with the wonderful idea of watching the service on the internet and then going to Walmart. Genius…. right here, I know :-)!! The service was absolutely amazing hitting home at every re-focus moment (ah-ha moment)!
During the service it dawned on me that it would not be safe to take the ironing board home from Wal-mart so I called my sister. Side Note: This is where the genius in me stops and the genius and my sister takes over. She mentioned that we could just go to Target which is less than a mile from both of us and she would take the ironing board to my house while I went to work on the presentation for next Monday.  SISTER’S GENIUS MOMENT! After spending much needed quality time with my sister, she was super excited that she finally got to use her Ravens key  and that made me excited also.
With it being a Sunday, the bus only runs every hour and it was really chilly so I was pretty sure I should take the bus to  Starbucks. When I arrived there it was nice and quiet-- I was very glad so I could really get to work.
Yes! In was my thinking place and there was only one other person in the lobby and it was my amazing friend Sherry who is Japanese! We had to chat only for a few and after she left I was going to focus and practice. All the sudden Lee my friend who is 6’7” excitedly told me how we have a mutual friend, Camil! :-)!
I'm sure no more than a couple minutes past before I looked up and noticed a young man sitting in the comfy chairs with his family. When it seemed like a good time to interrupt, I rolled over to the chair and I asked the young man who was sitting with his family what grade he was in and if I could go over what I thought I was going talk about who a 5th grade class even though he is is in 6th grade. He agreed to listen and both he and his mother gave valuable feedback. When I made it back to my phone to record information, I learned that Mrs. Malhiko also wants me to share with her teammates’ classes. Oh my goodness I am  SO HONORED!! It so wonderful thing that I have a week to let all of this excitement calm down and that I have a week to prepare for this because at Starbucks amazing events just kept on happening :-)
I'm not even sure how, but a conversation started but two beautiful women who were obviously athletic came in and we started talking. When asked what I was doing, not at all in a rude way, but as she observed my table full of complete chaos, I gave a quick rundown of what I was doing :-). I soon learned that one of the ladies, Kendall, works at Ponderosa with special needs and of course my excitement skyrocketed.
Before leaving I decided to talk to the lady in the comfy chairs who was obviously studying. I found out that Megan goes to UCCS and is studying to be a medical assistant. She was studying A&P and refreshed my memory about brain terminology and we had a very exciting conversation about the brain :-)!
    Overall this was a very unexpectedly excitement filled Sunday!!I am so super excited about this week and the events that may happen! Arriving home to a fabulous new ironing board nicely collapsed near to my ironing board that is locked open was a marvelous way to end the night! Thanks sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment