Monday, June 5, 2017

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before

Good morning friends! Okay it's not morning anymore but writing is a process.

         I had it all planned out last night ... I’d wake up early in the morning and go workout with Grandpa and then go to Starbucks early enough to run into everybody else that had just finished working out and stops by Starbucks in their workout clothes. If I happened to be lucky, I would stumble upon awesome writing prompts and write. I even had several topics to write about so I was really excited. Those were my plans and that's what I thought was going to happen, and so it goes.

         I did not get out of bed in time to work out with Grandpa. That is what I get for going back to sleep after getting up at 4 a.m. and not going to work out immediately.  When I finally woke up and headed to the workout room without my workout buddy, clearly a company was there doing maintenance on the pool. Because of this, my normal route to get into the workout room was locked so I was flexible and asked if the other ways were blocked also and he said that they were. So I put a smile on face “skipped” off and did my hallway workout in the apartment.

         I am usually not that concerned about getting my workout in, but leading up to today a couple things have happened that encouraged me to work out: Jason bought me this awesome “Wonder Woman in training” workout tank top, and I went saw Wonder Woman last night, so as I did my hallway workout I felt a little stronger and a little more energized, kind of like I could conquer anything:-) But after almost breaking my nose collapsing after the nth push up I realized​ that I'm not Wonder Woman:-(

          Before I go into writing my stories I just want those who jokingly tease me about my memory (or lack of) to know that I saw a little boy outside and asked him if he had seen the Wonder Woman movie. I was super excited when he said that he had and more excited when I asked him about the movie and he said “I don't remember. :-),” in case you didn't read the post from last night, right after I saw the movie I wanted to write something important about it but I had no clue of anything that occurred during movie. I was focused​ on looking for other details and caught in the total suspense of the movie. Forgetting about the details of the movie, I am so glad to know that I am not alone.

           My favorite niece was in town and she mentioned how I always wear my headband down very low covering my eyes. And although I know she's completely correct, it is because I have a weird shaped head and the headband will not stay on my head. After seeing​ Wonder Woman, that is how I wear my headband (although only one of them has jewels)!  So this is just one more piece of evidence that I am Wonder Woman.

      I feel weird about coming later in my workout clothes because when I don't go early in the morning, I tend to run into business people although I did Sherry later in the and she had just got done with her work out and was still in workout clothes. This did make me happy however right after she left two men were at the table behind me talking about autism. My excitement skyrocketed and forgetting I was in my workout clothes, I turned​ around and introduced myself. I mentioned a few topics they had discussed that led to my invading their meeting, we discussed the autism conferences, they handed me their business cards and why? What do I have a business meeting random people in Starbucks? Then they encouraged me to  further our conversation via e-mail.

        In the midst of this I was told some important information by my boyfriend but being so excited about the possibilities of what man in regards to  the gentleman's meaning I interrupted, I didn't have time to let the first round of excitement separate from the second round of excitement. People may be reading this and think ….. she's too hopeful and sets her hopes too high.  Ir all started when I was a tutor at Aspen Pointe, although I tutored math, I was asked to speak at a drug and alcohol recovery class. I quickly asked the director what would I have to talk to them about? That's when he expanded my horizon and showed me that my accident isn't just talking about a car accident and how I have overcome the difficulties, this man showed me how the possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment