Saturday, July 15, 2023

When this all started... consistency!

Looking at my blog(s), I started "blogging" on August 3rd of 2012. I have that in quotes because there was a time when I just called my login trees daily events and another time that I just put my blog entries in my prayer Journal. Along with name changes many things happened between then and now. When Bid told me for probably the 50th time that I am a good writer, I finally decided to take her up on the idea of writing and join AWAI (American Writers and Artists Institute). This is also known as Barefoot Writing Club. I had run into a fellow writer at Third Space Coffee during a TBI Survivors Meet  Up a couple times and saw that writing is actually "a thing." I honestly do not remember who she said she was writing for but I like to think that it was Barefoot Writing. I needed something to get me back in the groove of things as I already have a children's book published, I Can't Walk But I Can Roll, but that was published in 2012 and that's almost a dozen years ago! It's definitely time to write something new. Especially since so many kids that I read my book to asked when I would publish something else. It saddens me that it's taken this long for it to happen because some of the middle schoolers that I read my book to just graduated high school!
It just dawned on me that it took about 11 years after my accident to publish my first book and it has been about 11 years since publishing my first book to seriously get into blogging so at least I'm consistent LOL!

On the subject of consistency, I thought I might try to write 500 word blogs to start with and with this being the first one I've written since I decided that I'm only halfway there!

No comments:

Post a Comment