Sunday, April 5, 2020

Cold Meal!

Waking up a little later than normal for my middle of the night bladder relief, I laid back down and started looking for a place that offers delivery for donuts. I spent a good hour doing this even though nothing was open at that time in the morning. Then, because I finished a life water bottle full of water when I woke up even though I never fell asleep, I rushed to the bathroom -- I had to go again. That time I happened to get on the scale. I looked at the scale and it started shouting NO! NO! NO! No donut for you! Even though I am just realizing that weight was a lot of water weight, I still don't need a donut because I want to make a breakfast burrito


Side note I realized that I do need to look at restaurants and see what they offer because I can whip up some exciting breakfast entrees, I just need to remember what they are :-)! 



Oh my goodness I wrote that way early this morning and then I decided to go make a breakfast burrito and I thought that I needed oatmeal too. I got the oatmeal boiling and then I decided I might need some of that green chili sauce that I bought a huge container of on my burrito. I pulled off the top and there was of course the safety still inside.


When I first took the lid off I was like you shouldn't put this on the edge of the counter because it can fall down and then you can't reach it. However if I put it to the left of me it would be close to the eyes of the stove and that would be no good. I set it on the counter not even close to the edge but when I went to pull the top off I had to do all sorts of contortionist moves and the lid fell down between in the refrigerator and the cabinet. When I tried to use something to get the lid out from under the fridge I pushed it further under the refrigerator. Now I had to remove the vent cover that goes at the bottom of the refrigerator trying to reach just a little bit more. I pushed it all the way to the back. I knew what to do, I could go grab a wire hanger! I went to my bedroom and remembered that I purposely got rid of every wire hanger I had. I tried to use my felt-covered hangers and besides getting covered and disgusting stuff that you find under a refrigerator, the hanger just wasn't long enough.


Long before I started digging under the refrigerator I made a makeshift cover cover for the green chile sauce. I am now sitting on this awesome foam mat in my kitchen amongst a total disaster. As I glanced around and looked at the mess, I noticed that I left the vacuum plugged in yesterday when I vacuumed up whatever I made a mess of. It was that still Small Voice that told me just to leave it there. Even though my apartment is not huge and leaving the vacuum cleaner not in the correct spot made me crazy, I'm glad I did because I now have quite the mess to clean up which will be swept onto a carpet this morning. And I still haven't eaten what I made because I had to write this story and I need to vacuum and do all that stuff and then I will eat. It is 9:30 I am and I am just now going to eat my exciting breakfast! And this is why I understand how moms feel when they always end up eating a cold meal, because so do I!


No comments:

Post a Comment