Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Sasquatch!

I haven't been working (volunteering) at the school (West) for a while so my morning routine has been a little disheveled. My clothes for the week haven't had to be laid out and consequently I have not needed to pick out the shoes I planned to wear. I was beginning to enjoy this obla di obla da kind of routine. 

I wanted to start my day sort of normal and needed to go through my morning routine until I got ready to leave the house.  With that not being an option; I don't have to wear shoes around my house and actually that might be bad for the carpet. 


When I woke up this morning I was dragging a little bit but I knew I would feel good once I started the day. Doing everything a little backward, I posted the devotion and other things before I took a shower. This may have been my way to try and wake me up. And as I am just now sitting down to finish writing this (4:15), things very backwards today as well.


Well that was yesterday and that didn't get very far but we're going to try to finish this today before 10:30 this morning. Back to not having to wear shoes... I had finally been approved to wear my Vibrams to work as they are therapeutic for my flat feed and allowed me to walk faster. Well since I have not been working at the school or at my office I haven't thought to wear them. Although thinking about it I did wear them a few times before this whole outbreak, but for some reason I wasn't wearing them so much recently. I did already describe that wearing shoes in the house is not the best idea.


I didn't wear them to my office a few times but I think I'm focusing on the couple days that I forgot and I'm therefore thinking I never remembered. But now that I'm stuck in my house even though I don't think walking shoes with thick rubber soles is and the best for the carpet I don't think the soles of these shoes are much more than the bottoms of slippers however way the shoe is engineered and that's science behind the way your toes are separated really does help.


How do you know that, you ask. Well that's precisely how I realized I needed to start wearing them again after getting out of the shower that morning. When I got out of the shower and stepped onto the black carpet it was like a big blob, no arch, no cute little toes- nothing. I started a few days ago but I'm going to hopefully remember to wear these everyday all the time and see how much my foot changes. Although I did try to take a picture of my Sasquatch foot, I have a black carpet and the color differentiation over a cell phone camera is not that beautiful but I will try it again this morning just to make sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment