Tuesday, June 2, 2020

AN ANCHOR FOR THE SOUL + craziness!


AN ANCHOR FOR THE SOUL 

{Our God} is the Rock, His works are perfect, and all His ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is He. Deuteronomy 32:4


I was on a boat on the Mediterranean Sea when a sudden and rather strong storm arose. The boat was rocking like crazy, but the captain was completely calm. As an experienced sailor who knew storms like this one, he had dropped the anchor. He knew that as long as the anchor kept a firm hold, his vessel - - and passengers  - - would be fine. The captain's confidence in the anchor brought me great comfort.


Of course, this talk about the anchor made me think about our hope and God that is “an anchor for the soul, firm and secure” (Hebrews 6:19). Anchored in the knowledge of God, His promises, His faithfulness, His guidance, and His unfailing love, our souls are secure for now and eternity.


As you journey through this life, waves will get big and winds will blow strong. If your hope is in your possessions, your position, or other people's opinions, you might start taking on water and perhaps even find yourself shipwrecked. But when you are anchored in the Lord, you will weather the storms of life no matter how fierce they get. He will guide you, uphold you, and keep you anchored to Himself. 


I praise You, Lord, for You are my Rock, my Fortress, my Stronghold, and, yes, my Anchor! Thank you for keeping me secure in the storms of life.


Oh my goodness God is so awesome! Why I get surprised every time this happens (everyday), I don't know.

I woke up very catawampus because I made the huge mistake of taking a nap again yesterday so I had already been up at 3 in the morning. Somehow I had convinced myself to stay in bed for a few more hours -- CRUD! I did not even think about praying, meditating or working on any of those fall-back-asleep-skills I researched yesterday-- well I thought about praying but I want to pray about what the devotion is about and I don't want to wake up enough to go get my devotion. Ya know I think it would be okay if I just prayed about other stuff but I didn't think about that when I was awake (Actually I did but my mind was wondering what the devotion could be about -- all I had typed was AN ANCHOR FOR THE SOUL. Instead of thinking about what that could mean my brain was just caught up in the fact that I had not dictated the whole devotion for today.


Wow that was a lot of crazy thoughts, but anyway when my mind is going crazy I need to drop my anchor (God) and let Him keep my mind from going everywhere. You know what I am realizing is that I have so many things going on simultaneously in my brain, unless I see it written -- not being mixed around in my thoughts-- it's hard to implement and act upon. 


Now I will hopefully remember this devotion and picture myself writing on/reading off an anchor (God) as He holds my thoughts secure (uncatawampus). 



No comments:

Post a Comment