Monday, June 1, 2020

FAVOR IS FOR PURPOSE

FAVOR IS FOR PURPOSE 
The angel said to her “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you will call him Jesus.” Luke 1:30 - 31

When God chose young - and betrothed - Mary to carry, birth, and raise Jesus Christ, the son of God, it was the greatest honor for any woman in history. But it was hardly an easy assignment. It was, however, incredibly filled with purpose - purpose that required His divine favor.

The future didn't look easy for Mary. She would have to tell her fiance, family, and friends about her conversation with Gabriel and she - unlike us - did not know how the story would end. I'm sure that, after the angel left, Mary anxiously wondered if Joseph would leave her, if her family would ostracize her, or if her friends would ridicule her. How would anyone believe her story? It could cost her everything she knew. Yet she still said yes to the will and purpose of God.

We all want God's favor - but it's much more than everything going our way. To live in the true favor of God, we must be willing to accept His divine assignments and all their ramifications. We must embrace the responsibility, cost, and commitment favor requires. We must be willing to fulfil the purpose of the favor.

Lord, I choose your purposes - and I thank You for the favor to complete Your purposes.

The accident I was in that caused my life changing brain injury was not God's fault nor had He planned it. Yes, He is an all-knowing Father and knows the beginning to the and knew that I would be in an accident. However, we as humans have free will- - would I choose to allow the situation to pull me away from God or closer to Him?

Life after my accident has not been a walk in the park but I can see God using the ups and downs of my life to bring me and other believers closer to Him.
  
This devotion talks about being willing to accept God's Divine assignments-- I have never thought to call them Divine assignments, but thinking about my previous writings and my prayer journal, I've called situations that God has put me in at my office Divine appointments.

A lot of this took place before Starbucks actually became my office and I've dealt with a few pride issues when describing how Starbucks is my office. God is showing me in some of the most amazing ways that pride is not a character trait of God and He is in control!

With the world in such a crisis and our country going through major issues, I praise God for such an amazing Devotion to move my attention from such a dismal perspective. I hope you will join me in this celebration of life that we are living and have the most amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment