Monday, August 12, 2013

Amazing people… On an average day.



Amazing people… On an average day.
God puts amazing people in your life and their complete amazingness is not revealed all at once. For example, I met this and credible family a few years ago and I instantly fell in love with their daughter as her love for the Lord radiated in everything that she did. A while later a friend asked me to go to the Gatlin’s house for a Pure Rebellion meeting. I had been to the Pure Rebellion prayer meetings a few times and knew that God had his hand in this event.
That night I was given the details about where this event had started and I was totally amazed at the responsibility that this family was taking upon themselves to re-create the event here in Colorado Springs. I went to see this event several times last year while it was just getting started, and I went to see Pure Rebellion again this past Friday. Ahis time it was a new version of Pure Rebellion.
            Pure Rebellion was once again absolutely amazing and I was totally shocked--I went in with the idea that "I've seen this before and I'm just going to support the friends who have parts in this," but there was something else in store. There were so many things that were changed and "updated" per se that the whole presentation seemed to be written only for me. Oh, I got totally off track and hours writing about amazing people… So today I was at UCCS doing some paper work and finding out about bills.
I was fine me leaving but I was very stressed out because they're doing construction on Austin Bluffs and the buses don't travel the normal route. Not knowing when where or how to catch the bus I was roaming around on my wheelchair I guess and sort of pacing fashion when I almost ran into this guy on crutches…. “Hey, this guy has crutches like Garrett had when he was narrating Pure Rebellion on Friday!” This guy is Garrett, here he is with a broken hip at UCCS to work. I shared a few words with Garrett and his father and I was reminded of how awesome the Gatlin family is!
            Today was an average day when I saw the Gatlins and ever since then my mind has been focused on Jesus and not on the trials that are faced every day. You know, I want to be that type of person--that instead of being the girl that is known for throwing temper tantrums about small worldly things, I want to remind people of Jesus. Saying stuff is one thing, and doing it is clearly different although it shouldn't be. Lord please help me put be to the words that so easily flow from my mouth…..no comment Grandpa T lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment