Friday, August 30, 2013

Compassion



Compassion
How often does a person have passion compassion towards others? Is it only when it is self-serving? Well actually now that I think about it I'm pretty sure most people intend to get a job that he or she will enjoy doing. So in a perfect world everyone (particularly those who are in any sort of customer service by choice) would have compassion whether he or she received recognition (or got paid for it) or not.
            A while back I prayed that God would put people in my life to show me what I was like as a person. I had forgotten about that prayer until things started happening in my life and I met a person who exhibits many of the quirks about myself that I am aware of or at least I am self-conscious about. This person absolutely drives me insane. Unfortunately, I see a lot of myself in the things that this friend does that make me crazy.
I also prayed that my attention would be drawn to people who I could follow for guidance (yes, I know that as Christians we are to read the Bible and ultimately imitate Christ), and God has shown me how their are many people in my life to follow; it's just not everything about one single person, besides Himself that I should follow.
Tonight I was shown how a sermon I listened to recently can be put in action. This sermon explained what may be a basic life concept -- That caring about a person isn't really showing compassion until the caring isn't self-serving. Okay I butchered that sermon but I can't exactly remember it.
A friend of mine shows Christ in such an amazing way and I am fortunate enough that I am more or less pushed into using as few Fruits of the Spirit that I'm not used to using-- particularly self-control (biting my tongue).
Okay, I have no clue why I wrote this…. I just love so many thoughts going through my head! Thank you Jesus for brain that has thoughts going through it :-).


*I'm sure that there are many people reading this who have a unique story. If ever you feel like sharing your story with me, you can definitely post it or send it were only I can see it. I would love to read it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment