Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Cow Appreciation Day!

Monday night I had it all planned out-- I would get up Tuesday morning at my normal 4:45 alarm and catch the first bus going north to Chic-fil-a so I didn't have to wait in a long line for the free chicken. I was sad that I was up all night fighting figments of my imagination and didn't wake up until 6 but luckily I showed the previous night so I could take off right after I scurried through the pertinent parts of the morning routine. When I finally made it to Chick-fil-a there was no line and I was served rapidly. When I received  my free entree I figured I would eat fast so it wouldn't be a problem that my hot rod protruded in the aisle- - I didn't want to rearrange Chick-fil-A’s dining room. I started chatting to a man who mentioned something about being in the military and I asked what his MOS was. He said you must be married to are related to someone in the military. I must have been unconsciously signing as I was talking because he said that it reminded him of his friend Fuji. I said sometimes my dad goes by Fuji. It was determined that we were referring to the same Fuji-- he knows my dad! He actually recalled knowing me when I was younger.

      Soon after Larry left I began talking to Jeff Hinson. I learned that he runs a nonprofit called Unite the Bride. Surprisingly this time pass romanization is somehow in connection with United Way Ivan where my mom works :-).

          Not only was I blessed by Mr. Larry and his wife helping me situate my seating at Chick-fil-A but later the crazy red bearded man was getting me a refill and put more money than I've ever put on a card on my Chick-fil-A card! I was really excited and after what we talked for awhile he left so I decided to go to another Chick-fil-A to get supper. I rode the bus to the other side of town and went to Starbucks where I had a meeting. Before my meeting I was sitting outside talking to a few regulars who I see often. I was blessed again with a Starbucks gift card. Minutes later had an absolutely amazing meeting and I pray that God  used my ears to hear the wonderful information this lady shared and used my mouth to declare His greatness. After the meeting, it was nearing mid-afternoon and I was sure I could hurry to the Garden of the Gods Chick-fil-A and get a free entree at the another Chick-fil-A. This was all in good conscience because I had called Chick-fil-A on the way to the first Chick-fil-A and asked if it was okay if I went to  different Chick-fil-A to get  different meals. They said it was absolutely fine if I wanted to travel to different locations.

Prior to going to the other Chick-fil-A I stopped by Starbucks. Shortly after arriving

a beautiful lady with lovely blonde locks came walking into Starbucks and said “Hi Kimi” and I was like who are you and she said Reid! Reid Biren,” I was like “oh my goodness!” Reid is my cousin! Not only do I never see her in the Springs, I totally forgot she lives in the Springs and is going to UCCS! She is getting  a Nursing degree with a minor in Psychology--I was so excited it's incredible :-) I wanted to do a dance but I will refrain.

          After visiting with Reid for little while and letting the rain pass, I took off to the other Chick-fil-A and got free lunch that hasn't even been eaten yet. I was feeling very successful as I made it to 2 Chick-fil-A locations and back home in time to have date night with Jason :-)! Praise God! Maybe next time I will try to make it to several locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment