Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Sunday 7/16/17 & Monday 7/17/17

Sunday 7/16/17 & Monday 7/17/17 ( sorry about the temporary possibly permanently unreative title)

As some of you may know, Sunday was National Ice Cream Day . Right next to my favorite Starbucks is McDonald's. I decided to go in McDonald's for going to Starbucks so I could stay in there and get free refills  until I had to leave for an appointment .  At McDonald's I met Lynn a very nice lady. She noticed that near my clavicle was a little red so she was telling me how to ease the burn - - put vinegar on washcloth and softly rub it-- oh how I love old-fashioned remedies! In addition to being a very nice lady,  she was from Florida  I've been Pensacola and Fort Lauderdale-- something about that good old southern hospitality. Instantly my house flashed in my mind and I was thinking of my former helper Heather who created a vinegar spray bottle in my bathroom. Remembering this I was super excited to get home and spray it on a washcloth and put it on my sunburn that didn't burn but looked pretty nasty. I had already got my free cream but I had them tip it over into a cup because it always melts before I can eat it all.  Then I had the genius idea of purchasing a Coke . Once I purchased anything I had the option of  getting a free McFlurry or free  Shake.  I got a free vanilla shake  and poured the Coke in the shake it made a Coke float! Boy was I excited :-).

After that, I looked across the parking lot and saw Baskin Robbins - another ice cream store. Before I stopped at Starbucks I went to Baskin-Robbins and asked if they had anything going on for the ice cream day. They said that they didn't but I looked on my RetailMeNot app and saw that I had a free scoop of ice cream so I got it and spoke with an army chaplain and his family. The chaplain, Victor is from Puerto Rico. Having met chaplins of different sorts over the years I asked him what his job entailed. He described that he “serves our Service Members by offering religious services, counseling and advising the command about religion,  morale and morals.” when I finally made it to Starbucks I ran into a man who I had previously met as we were praying with a group of students who were camp counselors. Sadly I cannot find his name in my journal, so if you would please comment on this. Actually I have your name in my journal and it says Medrano... That does not seem right to me but it might be.

I had such a  Super Summertime Sunday and I ran into many awesome people with all of them not being named, I was in for a major turn around the next day.

The next day (Monday) I knew that I had an appointment at 1:30 in the afternoon but thought "hey I can work out and then go see my friends at Starbucks and be home in time to get to my appointment" that was my plan I was sticking to it! I wasn't feeling exactly normal but I just figured it was the Monday blues or something so I worked out and ran to Starbucks. I ordered a water because my head wasn't feeling quite up to par and the temperature outside was pretty hot even though once in the morning so I thought maybe I needed to hydrate. I only took a few sips of the water, rushed to the bathroom and the water and anything I had eaten that morning decided to visit the toilet. After that my body felt like I was back to normal but I was worried that something could be wrong so I notified the Baristas of what happened and then went home. Not much later I went to my appointment and found out that it was all cattywampus. Certain people were not communicating with other people and I needed to come back on a different day. All in all the past couple days have been adventurous. Today I worked out with  Sharon and her mother and although there were not many adventures today,
I did have an amazing visitor- - my mother who decided that I should change the location of my fans until we get my house rearranged to uncover the air conditioner. This is another sign of global warming because I have not used my air conditioner in the many years I have lived here I just open the windows and everything is awesome... Until now :-(.

No comments:

Post a Comment