Monday, July 3, 2017

Swoll?

I was able to deliver Starbucks to Kirsty and she gave me a tip that was more than the price of the coffee itself! I could really handle this job. I was going to stop by the firehouse (10s) and see if they wanted anything but I forgot to. And I'm not even sure what shift is today :-( I might have to depart when it gets a little warmer outside.

Not even 10 minute after I got back to Starbucks I decided to go to the firehouse. And it was a complete heart break as I did not know anyone at the firehouse and was looked at like I was crazy. They said that they were all new and I couldn't think of anyone's name but Jayme McConnellogue, but I suppose if I bring treats and visit more often I'll get to know them sometime.

I got to Starbucks and there were 2 lovely women sitting in the comfy chairs, Liz and Marsha. one lady works at Rampart High School and  the other educated me about Lyme's disease. They were only in there for a few minutes and they we're discussing  a Bible study before they could not resist the beautiful weather outside.

I also ran into Mr. Rich, the  helicopter pilot,  Ms. Sherry who always checks on my diet to make sure I'm staying healthy :-), Mr. Bob who always teaches me information and gifts me updates on local exciting events. And of course I cannot forget seeing of my favorite barista’s! While at Starbucks I managed to write this- - - a crazy, but true, story--

Swoll?

A long long time ago, I can still remember when I used to think that milk was oh so gross. After my brain injury, when life changed, I decided that I moved milk. Milk was next best thing to sliced bread. However all of this relation came to a sudden halt when I learned during a prayer meeting that I'm lactose intolerant. Let me tell you that this mirror food intolerance did not change the fact that I love milk. Now that I have discovered lactose-free milk, I just buy it. I get Lactaid hoping that this will cure the issue.

A few days ago I went to Safeway and grabbed a quart of Lactaid milk. I woke up yesterday morning and decided because I was going to my mom's house for a Fourth of July picnic and there's always enormous amounts of wonderful food, that I would eat a small breakfast. Knowing that cereal never fills me up I decided to eat cereal. This would be a double positive because I was just told by my doctor that I needed to eat cereal. I poured this ginormous bowl of Cheerios and then grabbed the milk out of my refrigerator. Although the half gallon box felt a little swollen or is my nephew would say swoll, I decided it was okay when I looked at the date and it said July 18th.  I poured the milk into my huge bowl of Cheerios and I took one great big bite. It tasted like sour pickles-- not sour like they're supposed to be but bad bad bad. I immediately looked at the date printed on top of the milk was JUL 18 17. In utter confusion I was like are you sure it is only the first day of July? Since I am known to be very wrong about the day of the week much less the day of the month, I looked on my cell phone and it was July 2nd. To make sure that date was correct I looked on my computer and it was 7/2/2017. It was still July and it was not yet the 18th. Very quickly I called Safeway and told them of my major mishap. I asked them if I could get new milk if I brought my milk in even though I had no clue where the receipt had gone. I was told it would be no problem so I threw the swollen carton of milk in a bag on my wheelchair and raced to Safeway- to show them the milk and get a replacement. I almost wanted to ask Safeway- if I could get Cheerios as well because I used almost the last little bit of Cheerios on that bowl with bad milk, but I didn't :-) go Kimi! Hold your applause Jason, hold your applause :-) I arrived home, ate cereal with some fresh milk, and was soon visited by Jason.

No comments:

Post a Comment