Saturday, July 22, 2017

For breakfast?

For breakfast?

I was once told that if you don't feel good about giving something to someone as a gift then you shouldn't give it to them or something along those lines. I wonder if the same principle goes for having a good conscience or doing good things.

This morning I needed this go pick up something to bring to a party I'm I'm going to this afternoon. I realized that I had given my money allotted food this month to my housekeeper. I also had a few personal items I needed to purchase and I only had a little bit of money left for this month. So I went to look at the things on clearance at the grocery store and I found an amazing pie that I was sure would be perfect! After I stood from My Hotrod (wheelchair) and grabbed it, I was heading for the checkout and I saw watermelon... Watermelon would be perfect! So I went to put the perfect pie back and as I stood up to reach and put the pie back where the pie belonged it fell out of my hand and on the floor totally messing up the presentation of the pie. Now I know I'm at the grocery store and they would take it back -- it be fine. I'm also pretty sure that somebody might purchase a discounted, totally  smushed pie, that would be money the the store lost and even though it's a huge corporation, I wouldn't want to do that. Even though it was discounted, which I ended up buying and the watermelon  which was not, purchasing both of them along with the personal items sucked up the whole week's money. Although I thought this was sad and I am trying to maintain a decent weight over the summer, I guess I'm forced to eat smashed special edition Peach apple cobbler for breakfast! So I cried after buying the smashed Apple Peach Cobbler because it's something I really didn't want to do even though my conscience told me to. Is that the same as giving someone a gift that you really don't want to give them?

No comments:

Post a Comment