Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Let's Hear it for the Golden Wave! Brain injury story #9652

Let's Hear it for the Golden Wave! Brain injury story #9652
Over the weekend I was on a mission to find accessories for my costume as well as sun dresses. Looking through dresses, I found this dress that reminded me of middle school. During my middle school years not only can I remember my mom wearing different colors of this particular style of dress, but I also remember that someone else wore one however, I could not remember exactly who it was.
With Colorado weather being very indecisive I didn't wear  all of the clothes that I picked out for last week and still had partial outfits hanging on my dresser. Even though the forecast said the temperature would be scorching, at Starbucks I sit right where the air blows and it's pretty cold at times. It was not a complete outfit still hanging on my dresser, it was a three-quarter length navy blue skirt and this morning a deep yellow colored shirt jumped out at me after having a dream about my middle school math teacher in Tupelo, Mississippi, Mrs. Susan Bounds.

... I arrived at Starbucks to write this story when I realized that I was sitting next to a paraprofessional and a former teacher. The teacher was a former chemistry teacher, Ray Coddington and the other educator is a paraprofessional in District 49, Robyn Tyboroski. Wait, there's more…
When I was younger I would look through singles magazine looking for somebody to “hook” my mom up with. We would be standing in the grocery store checkout line and I would say there's one mom… like I was reading off the details of an appliance or a house, I would read off a man's detailed characteristics… his height, age, and other disclosed information. I tell you this because It just so happens that Mr. Coddington was Ms. Tyboroski’s chemistry teacher when she was younger. Now however he is hurt stepfather! Talk about playing Matchmaker :-).
 
….Back to the story of my warm clothing because Starbucks is cold. Although I wasn't wearing  the dress I purchased the other day that reminded me of  middle school, I happened to be wearing a blue and gold outfit... the school colors for Tupelo Middle School! As I was reminiscing about Middle School years and Mrs. Bounds, I remembered that Mrs. Bounds and my mom used to wear the type of dress I had purchased!
Subconsciously  I picked out a gold shirt to go with my blue skirt and was wearing my middle school colors - Gold and blue. Although I already said today was a Wonderful Wacky Wednesday, I hereby change it and say it's a Golden Wave Wednesday: I suppose it could be a Wonderful Wacky Golden Wave Wednesday (just don’t expect that much alliteration to continue)!!  Even though my middle school years were 20 years ago, at times my brain injury enables me to recall memories from 20+ years ago better than events from last week or even yesterday!


No comments:

Post a Comment