Friday, June 15, 2018

...And You Do What?

I wasn't feeling too chipper this morning and realized that I needed something from King Soopers. I thought okay I'll run and grab it before I work out, shower or get my day started because no one's up to get the day started besides those heading to work…. Oh yeah that is getting the day started but that's besides the point. First I thought, “go to Walmart they should be open,” but I remembered that yesterday I heard they are only open from a certain time to a certain time. I was sure 5a.m. had to be that certain time as I was on the bus down to Walmart, but to my dismay they were not open. I crossed Academy to go to King Soopers and get what I needed and headed back but this time it was lighter outside and I could drive my wheelchair home. I thought, “you are going to miss Betsey, the barista that you really need to talk to if you head home. So I stop stopped in Starbucks quickly. Sure enough two of my favorite people Betsey and Bradley were working! I got to tell Betsey the tidbit of information I was super excited about but they were busy with the morning crowd.
Getting out of the way of the crowd I went to my new spot at this remodeled Starbucks which is right next to  the chairs . A lady and her son. I began to explain my book and I was telling her all about it realizing that unfortunately I had not put my summer supplies (which includes the book I Can't Walk But  I Can Roll) on my hot rod yet. However I was able  to give him a ride in a hot rod around Starbucks absolutely made the visit worthwhile. God totally intervened in every word spoken and activity from that moment forward. I ran into ladies from Rocky Mountain Calvary and that really made me excited. Then I rushed home when I looked at myself and realize that I will still in my workout clothes. After doing a little bit of putting myself together (shout out to Jess Jao-- the semi-permanent eyeliner saves me so much time-- I jump in the shower and then I'm out the door) and collecting my thoughts I found myself back at Starbucks.  By the time I made it back to the coffee shop, the morning rush was over and it was totally empty besides the workers of course. Soon the best mechanic teacher came in and started reading and my favorite Sherry came in and got to work. I wasn't sure why I had my book now because there weren't any little kids but soon I would find out. Within minutes it finally happened-- a man came up, pulled out up the chair in front of me and sat down. He began explaining what he does and set up an appointment to meet with my mother and I. Although he is currently a computer science instructor at the Air Force Academy, he and his wife have another business which led him strike up a conversation with me (being in my electric wheelchair may have something to do with it but I'm not sure). Although I don't think this was a spiritual seed, a seed was planted and I pray that the fruits that are produced will be very abundant. I had to hurry home when there was a break in the rain but that's enough excitement for my first day back at Starbucks making the most of my circumstances and allowing God to put people in my path.
See ya ‘round!


No comments:

Post a Comment