Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Back at the Office -- Revaluation of the Remodeling

Back at the Office -- Revaluation of the Remodeling
Although I've been back at the office for a couple days, I have been busy doing Bible studies and reading a couple books; I didn't feel like I was actually back at the office. I woke up this morning and my excitement for the day was overwhelming. Why? Was it because I have a designated time to be “off work”? Maybe it was because I knew I could write on several of the prompts that I had. Whatever the reason I am super excited to be at the office this morning and I can't wait to see what I get accomplished. First, I ran into an awesome Southern lady, and shortly after  I was able to visit with Sherry, Bonnie, Tannaz, Alyssa, David, and Isaac. While I was sitting at "the office" looking like I probably should have stayed home today, I noticed a sign:
"Your value does not decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth!" (One Raindrop Raises the Ocean)
*by the way everyone I contacted freaking out about my jacket... it was found underneath my stack of to-be-ironed dresses.


David and I first met several years ago when he had injury and had to ride the bus. Since then he has also met my mother at Starbucks. I had absolutely no idea but it has been over 10 years that I have known him!
I realized that I like the new design of Starbucks more and more everyday! They moved the wheelchair-accessible table further inside the store which, if sitting angle I can see everyone currently in the store and all of those who are coming in. The only problem is I'm facing the table most of the time, brainstorming. Even when I am facing the table which is facing the wall I can see the other three tables and the two comfy chairs! I used to feel weird talking to my phone (using text-to-speech) to write all day, but at one point I looked up and all of the tables were filled with people talking on or using their phone in some way.
I was pretty sure since the morning rush was over that today was going to calm down but by no surprise two people who work in the same school district as I do were talking, I asked them if there were teachers. After explaining that they work at a school and worked with one of my favorite people who is now back at the school I work at (who couldthat be?). I got very excited although I'm learning how to internalize this excitement and not act so childish :-(. I explained how I was invited to schools to speak (and to that school last year). I was given a card and might be invited to that school again!





No comments:

Post a Comment