Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Fiona's mom?!?

  Fiona's mom!

I was little nervous when all the sudden this lady comes to my door dressed in an awesome purple smok describing how we knew each other. Totally excited my brain remembered that she had a handful of little kids at the therapeutic recreation trike rides!

Oh wow it was Erin Shaw!

Being that this is being posted the day after it happened, it was only a preview to the absolutely amazing day I would have. I was about ready to hop on the bus when Ramon said he wanted to take me; he wanted to see the options available at Orangetheory. So I unpacked my wheelchair and put everything into my gym bag.

Forgetting that Pastor Erik had only seen me in my electric wheelchair as I ride It to Rocky Mountain Calvary, he didn't know that I could walk…. That totally explains his concern when I rolled over to my Starbucks and started to ask him about going to his class for a free trial.

After the class, I wasn't as exhausted  as I expected however I was tired enough to allow myself to stay in bed after my 4:15 alarm skipping my normal morning workout.

Being that this is being posted the day after it happened that was only a preview to the outstanding day I would have. When I was about ready to hop on the bus, Ramon said he wanted to take so we can see the options available at Orangetheory. Forgetting that Pastor Erik had only seen me in my wheelchair as I ride It to Rocky Mountain Calvary, he didn't know that I could walk at all much less work out!

After the class, I wasn't as exhausted as I expected although I was exhausted enough that night to sleep through my 4:15 alarm.

Seeing Fiona's mom reminded me to have my recumbent bike brought back to my house so I can ride it over the summer! When I first met Fiona’s mom, her family was just talking about adopting a child from China. Seeing a picture of Fiona, the beautiful child they were blessed with brought tears to my eyes (in my head of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment