Saturday, June 18, 2016

Not what I had planned...FAR better!

After the “I still do” service, I decided I was not going to tell anymore coffee shop stories during praise and prayer request time. However, Saturday God blessed me  an outstanding story to share during this time-- not only once, but twice (at Starbucks and Peak Place!!:
When I first sat in Starbucks it was pretty empty and quiet and I was like “yeah, a perfect time to dictate and schedule next week’s devotions.” After unwinding for a few minutes, I got out of my wheelchair and re-situated myself so I could read into my phone. I noticed a lady come in and begin to order. She had an awesome accent so my attention was drawn to her. Besides the fact that, at the moment, there was only me and another lady inside. The other lady was hard at work. I observed much indecisiveness as she ordered, to me it felt like I was looking at an older version of myself (with an accent of course). I knew then and there that the lead was given. What was I thinking needing a lead to open a conversation with another traumatic event survivor? Not even! Okay so maybe I needed something to get the conversation started, because I didn’t know for a fact that she had experienced trauma. With her having an accent the conversation would have a great beginning.  
After a few minutes of introducing ourselves it seemed like we were old friends. She had survived a stroke and explained bits of how it affected her .Learning that she is from Germany, I became super excited!! At one point she asked me if I have trouble with mentally time stamping events and I told her about what happened only hours before:
I had given something to my mom (Ma) because it needed care that I knew only she could give (how do you like that as I honestly completely forgot what I gave her?!?) I called Ma asking her when I would get it back because I couldn’t live without it.  I was so surprised when she explained that it was only yesterday that she had picked it up from my house.  
My new friend Christine continued by expressing how she was relieved to meet someone who understood (to a degree) the newer life she is living and didn’t dismiss her as strange, crazy, or abnormal. After we talked for quite a while she needed to get home and I had to be elsewhere although in my mind, I just wanted to be home as I had exciting plans for Sunday!.
    I was almost home when I was urged to go to Peak Place. As I began to think of how much writing that I HAD NOT gotten done due to writing material and a potential friend crossing my path, I almost resisted the Holy Spirit’s voice. Especially when I entered Peak Place and a band along with a huge crowd was there. There was also alcohol special happening tonight which may have brought some people. I decided to sit outside and journal. There I realized it was too quiet and didn’t have enough background noise for me to dictate to journal. There were two ladies who were visiting (Jazz and Grace). I asked if I could sit near them as I needed background noise for my phone to work right. I would say the rest is history, but in short each of the ladies are in God’s Army and I hope to get to know them more; in a few minutes you aren’t able to learn a person’s life story, however you also can’t deny the Presence of God in one’s life.  Jazz is a preacher’s daughter and Grace was born on and into the mission field. Somewhere YWAM came up, but I don’t remember how or why so I will leave that alone.
    Instead of writing I joined their conversation and kept wondering if this could be true, two very separate writing prompts happening in one day at different locations?? I was and am so excited about the seeds God has planted tonight.  Well it’s now minutes into the next morning so I must conclude...See ya ‘round!

No comments:

Post a Comment