Thursday, June 16, 2016

Unexpected!

Unexpected!
It’s not a peculiar voice He has, but many ways God speaks. Just the time I think that I have His voice down to a recognizable sound He changes it. In the midst of missionaries at a coffee shop seems like an undisguised platform for God to be the topic of conversation, Among ladies or men going through daily struggles also seems to be where He is discussed. As summer break started I was intentionally put in places where”finding” Him was not hard-- not much conversation was needed before God’s name was introduced to the conversation.Again the Holy Spirit urged me to go to Peak Place first today. I sat in 2 different places and almost convinced myself that today just wasn’t a day to get instant blessings. Almost instantly two men sat down and mentioned a few words that peaked my interest. They appeared to be businessmen and I thought “Kimi, be very careful here...you know nothing about business.” Then Compassion was mentioned and I thought of friends who works there. The lead had been laid and opportunity was present, but their conversation seemed very business-oriented. As one of the men started to leave I mentioned the connection (by this time I had a few) along with agreeing with their coffeeshop comments that had been mentioned. Dan Woolley (https://youtu.be/EKjttC4SZ4g
) had to leave but I was able to mentioned a friend and the Missionaries that I thought they might know.
Much to my surprise that was only an ice-breaker to what was to come. The other businessman- Chuck Boudreau and I began to talk. I described my job and explained how my disability was a blessing after he had shared that his child (children?) has a disability. My child-like excitement came out when he mentioned a term I recognized from my college days! I learned that his wife is a writer!! I hope this encounter was just one of more to come, but is not God has reminded me that I need not try and limit Him to a certain group or type of person, God is everywhere!!

No comments:

Post a Comment