Wednesday, June 29, 2016

My Voice?


So far today my day has been FANTASTIC!! Starting out much as it normally does, minus the workout w/ Grandpa T and the trike laps, I was at Starbucks. I exercised my kindness by not asking the two lovely ladies to move. These ladies weren’t in wheelchairs but were sitting at the one table designated for wheelchair accessibility that is closest to an outlet.  I positioned my chair at the table next to them. My chair was sideways facing the women. At every other table there is a pole in the center that prevents a person in a wheelchair from having adequate ability to use the table (hence why I was sitting sideways). It was later rather than sooner that the ladies left. However I remembered that with God in control, there is a reason behind everything.  I also was able to visit with Bob (2) and we have rarely crossed paths since we met.
After Bob left (and I was at the wheelchair table) a man and his son came over to talk. Come to find out his relative also has a T.B.I. and is someone I used to see often. Soon a beautiful lady and adorable son sat near me visiting with a beautiful woman. After speaking to a few people I began talking to the women. Pretty soon I was quiet (yes, I can be quiet) and one lady said,”Kimi, you may not remember me but I think we went to Church together.” She recognized my unmistakable When she told me the Church and her maiden name I was SO EXCITED! Memories of my biggest (and last) birthday party surfaced.
I found out that Sarah is a teacher in the same school district I work in and was on her way to visit one of my co-workers! As I sit here and recall my day I am excited all over again! After they left my friend Richard stopped in to unintentionally give me comic relief. I talked to a few more people but had to get home for an appointment as did he.  This was the best day yet!! While this may be it for today I need to write yesterday’s as a Leaders Dinner prevented me from posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment