Sunday, August 21, 2016

According to Plan


From many’s perspective,  it seems that  when  life  isn't all gumdrops and roses, God must not be at work in life. I knew my plans for the day included meeting with beautiful Mrs. Renee who has awesome curly hair. Prior to arriving at Starbucks I realized that one of my bags was wrapped around a wheel of my hotrod and dragging next to the ground- it was going to require major de-tangling. Arriving at Starbucks earlier than the meeting time, I didn't even think about trying to de-tangle my bag; I was running into a few of my friends-- many of the early morning businessman in their normal clothes.
I was so excited when Mrs. Renee and Peaches  arrived that I completely forgot about my tangled bag mishap and had to run home to do something I had forgotten to do before leaving my house. As I was driving my hotrod home I heard the scraping and tangling of my bag.  I got home and realized that I could not lift my hot rod high enough to pull it out from under the wheel while holding it up at the same time by myself.  I knew Grandpa T can fix anything, so I went to ask for his help. He was not available and I needed this to be done. I asked God for wisdom regarding this silly situation and sure enough, He provided.  
My mind was filled with the genius idea of carefully backing off a curb just enough so that the strings could be pulled out from under the wheel. Awesome idea and I knew the perfect place that it could be done!
I want over to the “perfect place” and and I thought that perhaps a should ask a person from the office to help. Right after I decided against a ride to find help, I was carefully backing one wheel off the perfect location and a man who a man who works at the complex came around me corner. He saw me doing what probably looked dangerous and perhaps even a little crazy. I explained the situation and he assisted. I carefully backed up my hotrod and he untangled the mess.
I had made it home completed the activity that I forgot to do this  morning and headed on my way. Now I was time to go back to the coffee shop so I could write. It was nice to arrive for the second time but not as many friends present so I can write. However very shortly Bob1 arrived and gave me and gave me amazing trinkets. I was completely re-excited when he told me for probably the 15th time that he used to be an architect.
Laying here awake at 3:51 in the morning I cannot recall anything out of the ordinary that happened I just think everything that happens is exciting in some form or fashion.
Even though I thought I knew my plans and had them laid out, I lay here and smile realizing that most of my day was not part of my plans. I think of the little things that could have been major catastrophe that were not because God knows the plans He has for me, plans to prosper and not to harm plans to give me hope and a future Jeremiah 29: 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment