Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The Power to Change It

The Power to Change It
I woke up this morning and after having bandage catastrophes as I was trying to prevent blood from going everywhere. The panic was initiated by the bandaged catastrophe but continued by facing a minor change in the way food was packaged in my fridge. Writing these blogs are so fun-- I am pretty ridiculous if you don’t take into account the tremors and muscle spasms that are caused from reaching to certain levels.To an onlooker it would seem like a small change, however it caused major catastrophes during my morning preparation of breakfast. I panicked, I freaked and I called my housekeeper to discuss the incident and the catastrophe it almost caused.
The key word here is “almost.” I am always so worried about things that almost happen that forget to enjoy life and what IS happening.  I was excited about meeting Lily tomorrow but that is a full day and a half away, I was ready for today to be a non stimulating very relaxing day. I remembered that yesterday I went to see my friend, Kirsten who is the manager at a vision clinic near where I live. She had mentioned that we should grab lunch together sometime and I was really excited and I had woke up thinking that perhaps we could do it today. Within minutes of that crossing my mind, I received a text from her saying that we should grab lunch today!
As I mentioned, I need to learn to focus on what is happening in life.
What is happening?!? I arrived at the coffee shop and it was very calm so I began to journal. Sooner than later a beautiful Vietnamese woman and Mr. Brian Teel sat in the infamous comfy chairs. For those of you who our new readers of my blog, the  comfy chairs are right next to the handicap table-- where I set up my “office.”
Mr. Teel, director of Resource Exchange International (REI), is someone I've met before. I did not recognize him right off hand, but as I began talking to him I realized who he was. He introduced me to a beautiful Vietnamese lady and explained her part in REI - Vietnam. It was a very interesting meeting to be a spectator of although I had a lunch meeting soon.
I left in time to make it to lunch with Kirsty and to my surprise, I treated to lunch! I stopped by the fire station and right when I stop by, they were all gathering for lunch.  Lunch was rather calm but when most the firefighters left the firefighters doing clean up were very funny :-). Then it was time for me and make my way back to Starbucks and continue journaling.
I made it Starbucks and I was greeted by Alta and Bob1. Bob gave me more music and gave me specific directions. I am really excited to listen to it and he told me there is great music to give grandpa and mom anytime. I talked to a beautiful Korean lady who had wonderful hair and her husband was very comical when he said, “I did that to her.” She had blond hair with Asian facial features.
I stopped by Starbucks and was again treated to tea.
    Leaving Starbucks my phone took a trip itself and left my presence. I am hoping my phone will find it’s way home or be found. However, time keeps on tickin’ Keeps on tickin’ into the future! Although meeting amazing people not once but twice at Starbucks, being treated to lunch, visiting with the firefighters AND being treated to Starbucks (the second time). I am so excited about tomorrow that I better call it a day! I can sleep knowing that I changed my bad day into a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment