Monday, August 1, 2016

Who Plans Your Day?

Who Plans Your Day?
Waking up wanting to be in a great mood, it seems like all of the thoughts going through my head were negative. A friend and told me yesterday to “toughen up buttercup” as I was mentioning the trike accident as I was trying to secure the bandages. Monday morning I wondered “why do you care to have bandages on?” Until the day’s first incident, then I realized why I wanted the bandages on. I had been contemplating on whether to go to the fire station to visit my friends or not so I wasn’t totally surprised when happenings of the morning brought me to the fire station in actual need.
After giving ready this morning I was headed to Ross to visit my friends and exchange a jacket. Being super excited to see my friends they saw wounds and asked what happened. As I was explaining and showing them my wounds, I bumped my arm on the counter and it began to bleed profusely. Being a clothing store and not a medical supply store, my friends did the best they could with the supplies available to bandage my arm. I thanked them for the first bandage job, and assured them I was heading to the fire station to have a more secure bandage put on. Although the firefighters chuckled at the makeshift bandage from Ross, I am very appreciative of the bandages applied at both places today!
As I went by Academy kids Vision to see Kirsten, I was super excited she was able to talk momentarily when we decided to make lunch plans. I continued to Wal-mart where I bumped into a co-worker from Target, Trish. I am used to seeing Trish at work where she is by herself but today was different. She had told me that she has foster children but I couldn’t picture her with small children.  However when I saw her today there were many little feet following her. The energy, the smiles, and me hope that these children displayed was so heartwarming! I have so much respect for Trish as being a foster mother must be such a difficult opportunity to fulfill. I would definitely grow attached to the children I had taken care of, but it also must be rewarding given the opportunity to be such an important part in a child's life.
It was a little later and what I had planned, but I did not make it to Starbucks until about noon and there was not anybody in the comfy chairs and it was pretty. There was only one other customer there-- a businessman. He was working  and appeared as if he did not want to be interrupted but I knew the right time would come.  After picking up my drink the time had come -- I found out that he is Japanese and his friend owns Jun -- oh yeah, his name is Jun, too!! It just so happened that within 2 minutes of meeting him, my alarm went off to call Bachan. He overheard my conversation with Bachan and asked me a question pertaining to my filled-with-excitement-conversation when we spoke again.
Jun left and soon a woman with two elementary aged children showed up. One of the children asked about my wheelchair after the communication door was opened.  I learned that the girls start school tomorrow (District 49) and the mom was taking them out on one more summer outing.  After finding out that I work at a school, the mom asked me about my thoughts on Common Core and we agreed about it being a new learning process for everyone.  
Although I thought that my excitement had capped as I was ready to leave, in walked a man who is 6’10”! After picking up my final refill, Pastor Michael Sabo, lead pastor at Black Forest Chapel, recognized me from our previous meeting. He explained that he had ordered my book for his grandchildren and I became even more excited!. He was there to meet with a pastor from First Southern Baptist Church in Canyon City and discuss electrical equipment issues. I was given the opportunity to pray with them which brought on an easier closure and exit.
Before leaving I noticed a lady outside having her car towed. She was obviously having car trouble and had two young children with her. After praying with the pastors, my heart was bublin’ over with God’s presence and I was given the perfect opportunity to pray with the lady and her sons.  All I could think about was the wonderful trip to Mississippi in the Sabb.  Oh how I love my life!!  Although today had not gone according to my plans, I was reminded Whose plan I need to heed to and follow everyday-- Jesus Christ’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment