Thursday, August 11, 2016

New School-Year

Filled with excitement about a new school year just over the horizon I how many stop on today's agenda. Wow I could have written my wheelchair to Starbucks, I noticed someone waiting for the bus and was urged to say hello which lead to a conversation. I stopped at Starbucks to say hi and wait because I had an appointment a Starbucks in a few hours. After waiting a little while and running into Kurt, Bob1, Alta, and Sherry,  I decided I should go find West colored tennis shoes as my meeting wasn’t for a few hours. Not remembering that my coworker had told me that she had ordered the West-colored tennis shoes she had many years ago, I stopped at a shoe store showing them pictures of her tennis shoes being positive that they must have them. After being reminded that the the shoes were from many years ago, I showed them another more recently purchased pair. that was also a West-colored pair. Although  the shoe store carried many  bright colored shoes they did not carry any purple and gold, West-colored, shoes. I tried on a few pair but was unsuccessful in finding the proper shoes.
I still had a little while before it was time to meet Christine so I decided to drop in and see if Kristy was working. To no surprise she was there and I was able to roll in and say hi. After running a few other errands and making other stops, I realized I was going to be late to meet Christine according to what we previously planned and I was late. but what man may consider late is often exactly on time according to God's clock. I soon found out that she was also running late and I just so happened to get on the the same bus that Christopher, the man I met near my house, was on, however I would soon be getting off at Starbucks to meet with Christine but because she was running later, Chris said he would wait at Starbucks with me.We discussed computers, jobs, and Church however our conversation did not go extremely deep--he had to get home and secure his accounts. He had a telephone mishap between the time we met and our second meeting. I was very shocked because during our first meeting he was explaining how awesome his phone was. This sounded all too familiar as I just went through a similar situation. After he had secured his accounts and I was still at Starbucks getting every last drop of summer for what it’s worth, he dropped in to chat and figure out is he could make it to a designated destination before closing time. He decided to play it safe and go tomorrow so we had a few more minutes to chat before the rain clouds rolled in and simultaneously my housekeeper called to let me know that she was headed to my house.  When I arrived home, my house smelled fresher than ever and I was so excited to chat with Ma.I was and am so excited about the new school year that I wasn’t sure I could sleep,but writing this blog has calmed me down and my bed is calling my name.   

No comments:

Post a Comment