Tuesday, August 9, 2016

One Location!!



One Location!
I was so excited to meet with friends, blog and do whatever else happened. “Whatever else happened” took place first creating today’s blog. Well I thought it would be today’s blog but divine appointments kept arriving-- all the way to the end...and the second end and the third end.
I had almost made it to my “office” at Starbucks and I was SUPER EXCITED to see Mrs. Renee and her husband Peaches.  Somewhere in the excitement, my cell phone cradle fell out of the bag it was in and I backed over it not knowing it was there. The cord ripped in half. I panicked.
Patches left almost immediately (after exploring alternate options) to get a new cord for my charger. Finding out that the cord is not available apart from replacing the whole charger, Patches arrived with a magic saucer that charges my phone in a horizontal fashion (see picture). And one may ask,” Why do you let random people buy you things?” First of all, Renee and Patches are not random strangers, they go to Rocky Mountain Calvary (just because I don’t easily recollect memories is unfair. More importantly, Ms Renee actually reminded me of a time when her son was still on here on Earth that my mom would brought me to Church. My mom held my hand and walked with me to the seats closer to the front of the Church. Having memories brought up that I could actually remember was exciting.
Later, a war veteran , David, sat in the comfy chairs. With me being in my “hot rod” and David being an amputee, conversation was begging to be opened. Not really because I think Mrs. Renee opened by rearranging the chairs.
David was very open and very talkative about his injury :-)! Another friend, Kurt stopped by and  said “hi.” and although I had no clue what his name is, luckily Renee did.
To top it all off thus far, a conversation began between Gary and I, “I am a little Japanese (as I pinch my pointer and thumb together), what is your ethnicity?”
Gary: “Filipino”
Relief came over me and the wonderful conversation began.  Gary is an RN (doing home health care) and he occasionally works at Memorial Hospital. Memorial Hospital?!?
Me: “I was born at Memorial! Do you ever work with Dr. Corye?!?”
Gary: Occasionally.”
Me (full of excitement with look of just being electrically shocked)  “Dr. Corye was the obstetrician who delivered me!!”
Fingerspelling thoughts that are pertinent to the conversation but being polite and waiting my turn (the being polite part does not always work), Gary noticed. He explained that his daughter is taking ASL in college and wants to make arrangements for us to meet.  As I headed in a big circle (purposefully) towards the door, I stopped at a table where a man was wearing a shirt with a logo that I see pretty often--the USA Wrestling logo. A conversation was started and I was not only shaking with excitement, but i am pretty sure a tear or two was shed realizing that my Dream of a Lifetime” was and is really happening in this lifetime!!!
Now I needed to go home, although I had a 5 course breakfast, I was well past hungry and headed home. I wanted to go out with my niece, but God had different plans.  Shortly after arriving home homemade food was delivered and I was able to visit with Ma, and my niece and I have a date tomorrow.
I am so excited I was able to spend time with Renee, hear about her son, discuss psychological reasoning behind the decorations in my house (my room is decorated with my high school memorabilia…..yes friends...STILL :-)) . I was also able to watch her be God's hands and feet to two little boys. Meet AMAZING people and chat with Bob1 and Alta!
In the midst of everything, I found out that Peaches works with
or has used RMG Engineering.
After today, I have been reminded of almost all of my family in one location.

No comments:

Post a Comment