Thursday, August 11, 2016

He remains!!

He Remains
I went to Starbucks and met a very dapper looking businessman, Rich, said Hi after getting a "do I know you" look followed by the question. He reminded me that we met at Young Life’s Crooked Creek Ranch with Eugene Luning. He assured me that he is no businessman but he was dressed nicely.  As we were talking, a precious lady walked by.  Although the lady, Rudumpda came in to meet with her friends, she  asked me if I had gotten shoes. 
Gotten shoes? Now I was thinking of going to Payless to see if they carried any more of these great sandals I have but they were not open when I got out and about so I hadn’t gotten shoes yet. There I was at Starbucks  wearing what I thought were old raggedy sandals--  raggedy enough that in a lady comment about them. After looking at my feet I realized that I had on a newer pair of sandals. Out of mere curiosity asked why Rudumpda why she asked me if I had gotten new shoes. It turned out she remembered me from the first time we met-- when had admired and commented on her shoes because they were fantastic!  Her shoes were West colored Asics -- she had asked if I had gotten THE shoes. I had actually forgotten about the shoes until I talk to her. Having to be reminded what they look like, she even modeled them again for me again. :-)
Several things happened after the Starbucks visit that made me very sad, but I was encouraged by strangers, family, pastors and most importantly God’s word-- God gave me Peace -- “ Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid” John 14:27 (NIV).
Although I was a bit nervous about an ongoing situation, I was given Peace that passes all understanding. Glancing back at today’s devotion, I am reminded to relax in God’s presence.  If God is omniscient (knows everything) than I should ALWAYS relax. I need to be reminded of that everyday! I am simultaneously listening to Rocky Mountain Calvary’s mid-week service. Pastor Eric preached on joy and contentment. Although difficult events did happen, I was and am being reminded to be content.  God is with you through everything. No matter where life has me, I need to be content. No matter what I may be facing or I'm going to face, God remains and is with me for everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment