Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Full Day's Work!

Excitement is overflowing as my day has started out so amazing! I didn't spring out of bed, I woke up and waited to get out of bed until my thoughts were settled and I was ready to get started. I decided that I better use the bread that was in my fridge however that was after I decided to make a fried egg. Could I use my wonderful sandwich maker to make an egg sandwich?! It took a lot longer than I'm sure it takes the unbrain injured person, however I did it!!  I made it to the office on time for my first appointment of the day with Rhea from BIAC, breakfast sandwich in tow ready to order my morning drink! 


When I first arrived at the office I was a little early for my first meeting. This was  good because there was another meeting taking place at my desk! What in the world? What were they thinking? Come to find out they were some of the head honchos from the IT department of District 11! I was also given the opportunity to chat with a former co-worker, Karley Ford. When my meeting time  finally came, the meeting was AMAZING! Additionally I got to chat with Pastor Brian after his meeting and I got to see Liz from Young Life. I know I have met someone before when they've come up with me and they say their name without anything else. Or when they walked into the office and say why I have to sit here in your name but my name is this. Then John Brown came and we had a great discussion. 

Although I'm wanting to go home and take a nap I just thought man just hang out so I did and it was a good thing because JR happened to stop by early!

We had tons of fun with all of the Matchbox minis, Tonka Tiny's and Drivens and I got to learn a little bit about JR's school, situation and I found out his mother is an E6 in the Army and drives an 18 wheeled vehicle! Wait for it….

On my way home going at the typical speed of a wheelchair I get up to the crosswalk light and I was here sounds like it's dragging something. Going down the ramp my wheelchair made more noise. I finally realized that the strap that holds up the footplate came loose so I put the footplate on my lap and continue on my last stop. 

Today one such a neurologically stimulating day I am wiped out! Consequently I'm not proofreading this but I might look at it tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment