Thursday, March 19, 2020

Now I Remember: The Sheet

When I was first moving into my apartment I bought a twin size sheet even though my bed isa full size. When it's warmer outside, I often like to just cover up with a sheet instead of a blanket. Months and months went on and when it was warm outside, I just slept on top of my blanket. I didn't even remember buying the sheet to sleep under until yesterday.


I moved into my apartment in December so it has been a little while since I bought that sheet. Although it is not getting warm outside my apartment is now getting too warm for the weighted blanket so I removed it and just planned on sleeping under a down comforter. The covering of the down comforter could be cool sometimes but warm others. Like a blanket I had when I was younger.


I " inherited" an amazing blanket from my oldest cousin. This amazing blanket was one from when she was a little pipsqueak and it had strawberries all over it. When she first gave it to me (or I inherited it...hahaha) I would call it "the strawberry blanket" but now it's just known as "strawberry." Over the years the once tiny hole in the blanket, where I liked to stick my foot out and let it breathe, had gotten larger and larger. Eventually the blanket's grandma had to sew the hole up along with many additional holes that had appeared. However whether it had holes or not that blanket was light. It was nice and cool when it was hot and warm when I was cold. It was nice and light just like a sheet. I managed to get strawberry out of my closet so I can use it until this virus is over and I can go find a nice, light sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment