Tuesday, May 12, 2020

GREATER EXPECTATIONS + more

GREATER EXPECTATIONS + more!
"Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them. Glorious and Majestic are his deeds and his righteousness endures forever. Psalm 111: 2 - 3

Not everything goes the way we pray or believe sometimes. At times our expectations end in disappointment instead of victory:
When a friend relapses after you stood with her through rehab again
When you play the political game in the office and still don't get the promotion
When someone dies of cancer after fight of faith
It's in those moments - - when faith-shakers rock our world - - that we have to trust

When disappointment eats away at us, we have to persevere and believe God anyways. We have to allow that experience to build our trust instead. We have to believe God is up to something bigger, working all things together for our good (Romans 8:28).

So the next time you face an unmet expectation, let it spark in you even greater expectations of what God is up to. Your loving God is “able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine” (Ephesians 3:20).

Thank you, Lord, for the comfort You offer me --and for the greater expectations you provide when my expectations go unmet.

I had apparently unrealistic expectations set for myself insisting that doctors didn’t know best. I had a full-time job for 4.5 years in a “very stressful” environment. I told doctors that it was the best thing that happened to me. Although it was brought to an abrupt stop by a more specialized doctor, working at an Elementary and Middle school was the dream of a little 3rd grade girl at Joyner Elementary in Tupelo, Mississippi. 

This severe traumatic brain injury ain’t got nothing on me! I just remembered that I wrote my first book in that (Mrs. Bristow’s) 3rd grade class and now have my first book published!

No comments:

Post a Comment