Thursday, May 21, 2020

THE SECRET OF CONTENTMENT + more....SO EXCITED!!!

THE SECRET OF CONTENTMENT
“I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation. 

Learning the secret of contentment helps us endure life’s challenges and keeps us in the race for the long haul.  Paul learned to be content in the midst of trials, “in any and every situation.”

But contentment didn't come naturally to Paul any more than it comes naturally to us. Paul had to learn contentment - and some of the classrooms where he was tutored was brutal. From being imprisoned, shipwrecked, bitten by a snake, to being stoned and left for dead, Paul endured and learned to be content.

True contentment comes when we choose to depend on Christ and to trust that He is doing a good work inside of us despite all of the external challenges to our faith. It's trusting Jesus that He gives us what we need when we need to endure and overcome.

True contentment is in the presence of Jesus, not in the absence of difficulties. “Be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you’” (Hebrews 13:5).

I find contentment in your presence, Lord Jesus, and I know You are trustworthy. Your presence is more than enough for me.

Contentment?
Oh my goodness I woke up feeling very discombobulated and not sure I would have a very exciting day but while I was trying my hardest to switch my attitude. I dictated my devotion and was reflecting on God's word. 

Be content? I think I'm content. 

I thought about the previous years working at a school and the daily, subconscious thoughts that I wasn’t enough. Even though teachers were encouraging, I began to lose my excitement-- realizing that some never would and never will never understand. They had come to their own conclusions and my mood issues left no room for credibility.

The first year I was at the elementary school I met the counselor, Mrs. Clarke. She introduced me to a former student, Lily, who also had a brain injury and thought that we should connect.

She and I met and my excitement went overboard. Lily is such an amazing, intelligent, beautiful young woman who is dealing with much of what I have been through. Although we have only met in person once, I was so encouraged when I received a comment from her mother on a post I shared about the way I do things that might make life easier for Lily.

I had just described to a friend that I spend a lot of time encouraging others and sharing how I deal with life with life with a disability. Even though people think that is awesome, I often think “Kimi, you just think you are awesome, but think about those who totally dismiss you and think this is all an excuse.”

We all have negative people that come into our lives and most people can ignore and or dismiss the negativity. Although I post things hoping that I can read them and be encouraged, the negativity sticks with me. Not everyone will understand.

Reflecting on this devotion, I am reminded to be content with where God has me. I am so appreciative of the comment that I just opened today from Lily's mom, I totally think that recording myself doing things is pretty selfish; however I am so excited and encouraged to know that it helps at least one (more) person. 

Thank you so much Father God for encouraging me to be content with where You have me. Much to people’s surprise, and even my surprise, I love being stuck at home. 

I attempted to proofread that but my brain is so exciting right now I might have my minute changes eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment