Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Rooted in God's Love

"The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.” Psalm 103:8


I want to remind you of something important: Whatever you've given or not given, no matter what you are said or not said, what you have thought or not thought, what you have done or have not done, what you have accomplished or have not accomplished, God loves you. And he always will.


Love is not only what God does, it is who God is. He cannot stop Himself from loving us because He is love (1 John 4:8). His love far surpasses any Earthly love we may have experienced. It is based entirely on His character, not our performance. There is nothing you can do to make God love you less; there is nothing you can do to make him love you more. God loves you with and unfailing, indescribable, and unending love.


Of course, the Enemy would like you to believe otherwise. But you don't have to be plagued by his onslaught of thoughts and feelings of inadequacy, guilt, shame, condemnation, insecurity, fear, doubt, and then worthiness. Decide today not to listen to those lies, but to stand on the truth of God's Word. And His Word states again and again that God loves you. He always will - - no matter what.


Lord God, please seal into my heart the magnitude of Your love for me. As I face each day, may it be the running background to all my thoughts and actions.


Such an amazing devotion!! I know for myself, having all this time at home, I can get lost in my thoughts. Thoughts that the devil and the world have polluted with thoughts of negativity and unworthiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment