Friday, August 8, 2014

Disappointments


Disappointments

I was offered a ride to The Following earlier and was super excited to be able to go yesterday! While at Church last night Josh started talking about disappointments and I thought, disappointments, me? NO WAY! My life is wonderful! Shortly after as I sat by my friend who is a teacher, reality hit. Oh yeah…disappointments. Weren’t you going to be a teacher? How’s that working out for you?

 
As the night went on, Josh described disappointments he had faced. Josh is an ex-military man. I dislike using the term “ex” because of the negative connotation to explain that he used to be in the coast guard. Although Josh and his wife Jenna appear to have everything going right for them, it was made clear that everyday God is still at work in their lives and they face disappointments but that God comforts them in their disappointments through His word-- GOD WILL COMFORT US IN OUR DISAPPOINTMENTS THROUGH HIS WORD!

 He then asked “Is your disappointment hindering you from what God has planned for you?” I thought and I thought….Kimi, just like Josh and Jenna had everything planned when God changed their plans, are you being open to God’s change of your plans in your life? SIDENOTE: God never changes His plans, He is the same yesterday, today and forever (Heb. 13:8).

 
I had plans to be a school teacher and not becoming a school teacher was a disappointment. Although I’ve had many people including teachers during interviews question if I was going to let that stop me, During other later interviews I realized that my teaching might just be in a different role other than a school teacher.
 

           As I went to bed last night I thought about how I had been encouraged to blog. Blog? I thought. That requires organization….my thoughts apparently aren’t organized. I prayed about it and when I woke up this morning I had amazing texts—The first was actually a FB message from a man I look up to, Andrew P encouraging me to continue posting the Biblical posts I posts and the second was actually from last night but was an unrecognized number. This morning I found out it was from Hannah! My mind was filled with memories of Hannah and her family who have now live elsewhere as Pastor Evens now has his own Church (okay, it’s God’s Church).

 

 Here goes the blogging adventure….again.

No comments:

Post a Comment