Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Summertime, summertime!

          As school was coming to a close three people were discussing their vacation plans. Not everyone was taking a trip, but many people were.  The past trips I've been on I've been on absolutely exciting and I would love to go on another one.

         After being reminded that I love to fly  when I went to my cousin's wedding in Virginia, I wasn't sure what the next trip would be. Up until this point, my only summer plans were going to Starbucks and writing and going to  a college for a couple Shakespeare plays. To many, this may not sound exciting but I manage to make most things at least exciting if not intellectually stimulating.

         Yesterday I received text from my boyfriend asking me if going to a Star Trek convention in Las Vegas sounded better than going to Comic Con in Denver. Being that I have never been to either of them, and I’m always up for an adventure,  I said that it sounded wonderful!  I love Adventures but what many people fail to realize is that although it may not seem like it bothers me, I hate being the reason that others can't do what they hoped to do on their vacation because of my limitations. So to solve this I express lack of Interest in many things that I would love to do.  This is to avoid being told that I would have no fun-- people know that everyone else deals with difficulties in the exact same way I do.

         I really didn't believe Jason when he told me about a Star Trek convention although my hopes were pretty sparked. When he came over tonight unexplained more of the details, it got a little more real.  As he explained what we would be doing to make it easier to get around (many people are very patient as I do not move super swiftly), Jason took many and perhaps all of the possible situations into consideration before making the plans including our lodging to decrease travel necessity and increase  my freedom and nap ability (Perhaps the later is dually beneficial -- for himself and me). It was absolutely adorable when Jason said that I would be in people-watching heaven. he was really thinking about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment