Sunday, June 25, 2017

The adventures of the Wobbly Woman and the Pigeon Toed Man - starring Kimi R. Burton and Jason Madwell by Jason Madwell

The adventures of the Wobbly Woman and the Pigeon Toed Man - starring Kimi R. Burton and Jason Madwell
By Jason Madwell

Yesterday (June 24, 2017) I went to pick up Kimi for our day's event. Kimi was entertaining her new friend who said she tore a leg muscle wrestling. She was going to get her keys from her car when Kimi met her. Kimi had found an abandoned walker several days earlier and gave it to the woman to replace her ill sized crutches. Kimi says she smelled alcohol on the woman's breath (my sniffer is not as in tune as Kimi's). I did not notice any swelling or bruising on the woman's leg but as I helped her carry stuff back to her apartment, she was in noticeable pain.  Why her able bodies roommate did not go get her keys from the car is a mystery.

Kimi and I then went to my work where Kimi took over my office. We had lunch in the hospital restaurant which is fabulous.

We then drove to Boulder CO. I talked Kimi out of calling Starbucks to complain about a expired coupon she has. I know this is only temporary and Kimi will soon get that expired coupon reinstated.

Kimi is super excited about our trip to Las Vegas and staying in a hotel. She expressed her wish hotels to offer rooms for 5 minute naps. I told her there were hotels you could use by the hour. She was shocked and could not believe that such things were in Colorado Springs.

We stopped in Boulder at the local Comic Book store which is a fabulous store. When then went ti a local Ice Cream shop and had milkshakes. This is where I googled cheap hotels and proved to her that hourly rate hotels exist.

We then went to the local Barnes & Nobles. Right when we walked in there was a section of books on the brain, math, and the periodic table - Kimi's favorite subjects. We picked out three books and Kimi sat at a table and decided which on she wanted while I wandered the store. It was during this time that Kimi found out that the B&N Starbucks would not accept her regular Starbucks card causing great sadness.

Once I rejoined her, a periodic table question came into her head and danced around. She was debating ask anybody in the store the question which I begged her not to do.  I was overruled an she ask a random store employee her science question and SURPRISE - he new the answer. Kimi was stoked and I was humbled doubting her social butterfly ways to get answers.

We then went to go to the UC Boulder Shakespeare festival production of Hamlet. The problem was that the Apple Iphone map was wrong and there were no signs pointing us in the right direction. The parking garage the instructions told us to park at looked to be closed for construction.

I parked at the closest spot I could find to where I thought the theatre was at. We had to walk about a mile. I did not think to bring Kimi's wheel chair. It was a slow rough walk. When we got to the spot where the map said to go, there was nothing there. Thankfully, another couple was lost as well. Kimi crashed on the ground to help our cause and the couple gave us ride and we were able to find the theatre. It was still a hike from the street to the building.

We watched the show and it was a great production. They mixed it up and had Hamlet be a woman. Before the show, the couple next to us told us the under construction parking garage was actually open for use. I was fooled again!

I thought that to get back to my car, I was going to have to put Kimi on my back and hike back to my vehicle. Thankfully, the couple that gave us a ride to the place, waited for us after the show and gave us a ride back to our car. While leaving the theatre we were all doused by the sprinkler system and left soaking wet. I realized on the way back that my hiking plan would have been a disaster. It was probably two plus miles back to the car. It would have took forever in the dark with Kimi on my back to make that trip.

Back on the road, we had to stop to find a restroom. It was around 11pm which made things difficult. The first gas station I stopped at was closed. Then I had to drive thru Denver. I think not want to stop there for having a fear of being attacked by hooligans. We finally found a place in Castle Pines. 

We made it back to my apartment around 1230am. We had to walk through a mini flood to get to the building door. Water does not drain well at my place and even the sprinklers can flood the walkup area. Once inside, Sleep soon was obtained and thus ended another exciting adventure of the Wobbly Woman and the Pigeon Toed Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment