Saturday, August 4, 2018

Field Trip!

Field Trip!
After being invited to go on a field trip with my mom and nephew, I set aside my Starbucks time and agreed to go. Although I really didn't seem like my type of adventure, my experiences today definitely altered my preconceived notions. With that being said, I was off to the Sangre de Cristo Arts & Conference Center. In the recent past God's been changing my heart. I do a lot of things that I never would have seen myself doing. Besides the incentive of going out to lunch, which is a huge plus in Kimi’s life, I thought of the quality time I'll be able to spend with my mom and my nephew! I am definitely learning that spending quality time with people is priceless!
While on this priceless field trip I was able to be educated about topics that I would not have even dreamed of  by my nephew. I was given ample time to learn new things as the traffic when we first left was that a basic stand still. After getting to the art center I was able to brush up on my animation and comic book history!
History? Comic book history nonetheless? You got that right! To realize that superheroes and comic books actually had a was astonishing. You mean they didn't start out as we see them today... Who would have thunk? Okay okay so I did get to pose with one of my favorite men, Superman and pretend that I was a superhero with my own cape. However we all know that I am Wonder Woman (aka Wobbly Woman), I just spend most of my days incognito. Watch closely because the wobble cannot be hidden. Spending additional time at the Rock Shop gave me much time to think... I thought about a lot of different ideas but that's another story for another day, probably not a day in the near future.
After the rock shop we stopped at an amazing restaurant before heading home.
After getting home I took a long nap so unfortunately it is 11 at night and I am wide awake. I woke up from my nap crying uncontrollably for an unknown reason... Was I really crying because I didn't get any Starbucks today? That would be funny if it is the case. I hope I get up early enough to go to Starbucks before church tomorrow because I have to get my swimming gear after Church. I'm beginning to feel a little anxious about work starting back up but I am super duper excited about the changes in documentation... Okay that's silly! I guess that means I should close this blog before I ramble on about nonsense. I suspect that will be the last field trip for the summer, but you never know! See you ‘round!

No comments:

Post a Comment